Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1957 Broadmoor - where was it then? where is it now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Broadmoor - where was it then? where is it now?

Anyone recognize it?
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

I think I should have posted the photo directly on the page.
    Richard Quinn

Comment

Well, it can't be a period publicity photo of some type because there is a Lark in the background, so the wagon is at least 2 years old. And besides, only Classic sedans had the chevrons on the quarter panels, although I agree they look appropriate on the Broadmoor.

Beyond that, you've got me, Dick. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The rocker mouldings aren't production, and the roof rack is a different style than mine.

But that is a stunning car.

Comment

Personally, I like the Econo-Mono-Deflecto dual exhaust trim option, having only one tail pipe "deflected."

(A real sleeper; trying to make some poor schlock with a base-engine 1957 Nomad think "The Pres." is exhaling through a single windpipe!) <GGG> BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Ah-Ha! It may have been taken at The Studebaker Proving Ground soon after Studebaker discontinued South Bend production. That's because you can barely see what appears to be a fuzzy Studebaker Wheel brick fence post topper at the extreme left edge of the center of the photo.

So what's the prize? BP

Comment

Dats PURDY! <sigh>
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Ah-Ha! It may have been taken at The Studebaker Proving Ground soon after Studebaker discontinued South Bend production.
                Probably the 1974 International Meet? There's what looks to be a first-generation shoe-box Winnebago, either a 'Brave' or 'Indian' in the background. And there appears to be an ASC membership sticker in the lower corner of the rear quarter window, and that club was formed in 1971.

Craig
                Last edited by 8E45E; 11-17-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

That rocker trim looks almost like whats on a '61 Cruiser. Either way, I love that car!
                  Dylan Wills
                  Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                  1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                  1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                  1914 Ford Model T

Comment

The rocker trim, if Studebaker, I'd guess is from a GT Hawk.

I like it enough that I'm going to see if I have any GT rocker trim for my own wagon. I'm already thinking about stainless GT Hawk headliner bows, I've got a pile of those..

Comment

Mr. Quinn, could you email me a larger version of that picture?

Comment

The image emailed direct.

Actually I took that photo at the Gettysburg Intl meet in 1980. I do not know the owner or what happened to the car.
                        Richard Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                          The image emailed direct.

Actually I took that photo at the Gettysburg Intl meet in 1980. I do not know the owner or what happened to the car.
                          Any idea, then, what he wheel-looking object might be along the left side of the image, Dick? It sure looks like a cast Proving Ground Studebaker Wheel, albeit terribly fuzzy. BP

Comment

Nice, stunning 57 Brodmoor. Hope it has survived.
                            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

If the photo was from 1980, I'd say those whitewalls were applied about 25 years later, a la photoshop.
                              Beautiful car.

Comment

Working...
                              X