No announcement yet.

Inner windshield frame clips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Inner windshield frame clips?

Hey Studes:
    I'm having a problem understanding this email from Fritz Gompert. He is re-doing my interior dash and window moldings and he asking me about some inner clips around the front windshield but I'm not remembering taking anything like that off of my 1940 Champion. I remember the tack stripping with the molding covering it but not the clips.
    Am I missing something? Here is his communication:
    Terry:

I've got the inside vertical divider bar for the center of the w/s, generally the screws go through that piece & thread into the exterior divider. I'm not 100% sure that your car
    had cover clips over the w/s mouldings where they meet, having not seen the pieces installed, but it's possible Studebaker just didn't use any.
    Normally, with your type of flat bar divider, they had sheet metal clips formed to fit over the joint
    where the mouldings meet, or the center divider had formed ends that covered the joint.
    You might want to check with a Studebaker forum or club.
    If you find some at a later date, it'll be no big deal to grain them to match, they'd only be about 1" x 1 -1/2".

Fritz

He can't find two clips, illustration 2147-42, that hide the junction of the left and right interior trim mouldings and the windshield divider. On 1939-40 Champion and 1937-40 Commander they are both the same, and are part #265755p.

Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Thanks Dwain. I still can't remember seeing those bits. I'll have to go through all the boxes to make sure.

Comment

I do not think they are fastening clips, they are small "joiner" mouldings, that resemble the large mouldings.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X