Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a big favor from an Avanti onwer!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: I need a big favor from an Avanti onwer!!

Thanks in advance for your help. I thought I had a solenoid bad so I replaced it but I can remember where the two big white wires on one terminal went. I can't imagine both wires would go to ground. They seem to run over to the alternator. Can you help me? Tom

...Elaborate a bit on the "solenoid"..
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

The starter solenoid

The starter solenoid that sits under the master cylinder. There are several smaller black wires and I put them under the mounting screws. There is about a 10 gauge red wire that I put behind the positive battery cable. There is 2 about 10 gauge wires into one eye terminal that sparks when I touch it to the positive battery cable. I sure appreciate your help. I usually take pics before but someone borrowed my camera.

Comment

Buck. The white wires are ground. Will have to look for my pics. on the wiring.

Comment

Found it.

Comment

A heavy black and a heavy red wire should terminate into one ring terminal, and it goes to the positive post along with the battery cable.(towards the outside of the fender) A white single wire is the ground and goes under one of the mounting screws. A white wire with a red tracer stripe goes to the ignition terminal on the solenoid (the one closest to the battery lug.) A pale green with black tracer stripe should be on the other small terminal, and it goes to the + terminal of the coil. The other heavy lug of the solenoid goes to the starter.
            No black wires go to ground.
            If you have more than one heavy white wire, one also goes to the mounting flange of the voltage regulator as a ground.
            Last edited by bezhawk; 11-15-2011, 04:23 PM.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Bezahawk,, Thank you so much. I hope I didn't hurt anything by touching the white ones to Positive. Again, I say I don't know what I would do without these forums.

Comment

Working...
              X