NEW to this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW to this

HI! My dad and I just bought a 1950 studebaker land cruiser! It needs a lot of work to make perfect We are new to this and don't know a lot of people who can help us out. Does anyone know where we can buy parts? I have tried ebay and have done some searches online, but just can't find exactly what I am looking for. Does anyone know any websites that may help us get the right parts for our project? thanks!

Start with Studebaker International in South Bend, Indiana. By all means, if you're not already a member join the Studebaker Driver's Club, you'll not find a better resource.

Comment

Have you checked on the SDC page lots of information there. What parts do you need? Welcome to the forum. http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/ there rae links on this page that should help you. The local Chapters link will show you what chapters are by you. The Magazine Turning Wheels has all kinds of Studebaker Vendors fantastic articles join the club and join your local Chapter. Post you questions here and we will be glad to help steer you in the right direction.
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

Welcome Nellie & Dad to the wonderful world of the Studebaker, the folks on the forum can answer your questions and advise you how to proceed with the car. Best wishes from all of us in Australia.
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Hey Nelly and Dad, (Does Dad have a name?)

A warm welcome from this side of the pond. This forum is a great place to be. It is swarming with professionals who are more than willing to share their expertise with you. Remember, There are no stupid question, only stupid answers.

Another great resource is the shop manual. Reprints are available through the internet. Good luck and keep us informed with as many pics as you can make. We all love Pictures!!
          The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

Comment

Literally everything your car might need is available. See the responses above. Do as everyone above said, and then if you need something and still can't find it, someone here will know where it is, just ask. And, welcome!
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Welcome!

Join the Studebaker Drivers Club here:

Read this article:
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Welcome welcome, Nellie and Dad. Cool car and glad to have you here. You have found the right site for the info and help you will need.
                As many have stated already, join the SDC club. Just to clarify, because I did not understand when I joined, this is the FORUM. This is a great place to ask questions and discussion thing about your car, or just general stuff. The CLUB is what drives this forum and is a fee for membership group, but that gets you a Studebaker magazine every month with SOOOO much info in it. Then you can join a LOCAL Stude club which will help alot with local contacts and maybe even help with your new friends.

As far as parts there are many here. There are interior upholsterers on here, there are parts suppliers, there are Stainless Steel polishers and suppliers, just about anything you need someone here has it.

Some good suppliers I have found for my project is Studebakers International, and Studebakers North West. Stude North West is run by 2 members on this site named StudeRich and his son (S) those are their screen user names. They have been awesome for me.

Welcome again hope this help a bit.

Comment

What are you looking for? Currently parting out a 1950 4 door Commander

Comment

1950 Land Cruiser

Originally posted by nellie1120 View Post
                    HI! My dad and I just bought a 1950 studebaker land cruiser! It needs a lot of work to make perfect We are new to this and don't know a lot of people who can help us out. Does anyone know where we can buy parts? I have tried ebay and have done some searches online, but just can't find exactly what I am looking for. Does anyone know any websites that may help us get the right parts for our project? thanks!
                    I have been building a 1950 Land Cruiser from the ground up since early 2009. It has been a lot of fun, but I don't have more than an hour or two in a month to work on it...I will probably be leaving it 3/4's done for my son to finish upon my demise in 30-40 years...I'm 53, so I'm optimistic in my projected lifespan, I think...I have learned a lot through the manuals, the forum, and just by tearing into the various parts.

Good luck...

Comment

Welcome to the site. I'm fairly new here too but it's a great bunch of guys and lots of information for the reader

Comment

Once you learn how to post pictures here you will get even more new friends with LOTS of advice.
                        Welcome! &
                        Good Roads
                        Brian
                        Brian Woods
                        woodysrods@shaw.ca
                        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Studebaker's are great cars and you'll enjoy working on them. As far as tracking down parts, check out Studebaker International. I work for Studebaker Intl. and we would be glad to help you out. We also have thw worlds largest inventory of NOS and reproduction parts.
                          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Welcome to this world. You have a great car. You have been given a lot of great references and guidance in this thread. Another great source is a local Studebaker club. There will be a lot of wisdom to gain from club members. When you can, post some photos of your car.
                            Perry
                            \'50 Business Champion
                            \'50 Starlight Champion
                            \'60 Lark Convertible,
                            \'63 GT R1,
                            \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Working...
                            X