Tulsa's 57 Plymouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa's 57 Plymouth

If you want to live and be informed, reach out to News On 6, covering Tulsa and all of Oklahoma. We have the breaking news just waiting for your involvement.

The vault was full of muddy water. They don't know how the plastic bag held up.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

That car is toast. While the water was only up halfway on the fenders (and the rest of the car), the waterline was near the beltline and higher. Good luck, but those were rust buckets to begin with. I'll bet the interior has been flooded.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

That car is toast. While the water was only up halfway on the fenders (and the rest of the car), the waterline was near the beltline and higher. Good luck, but those were rust buckets to begin with. I'll bet the interior has been flooded.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The video says 3 feet of standing water. Guess they should have installed some sump pumps in that basement! I love the video of the old guy who says "it'll come out in one piece." Myself, I'm betting on 3 pieces.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
        '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

The video says 3 feet of standing water. Guess they should have installed some sump pumps in that basement! I love the video of the old guy who says "it'll come out in one piece." Myself, I'm betting on 3 pieces.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
          '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

DANG... I was really rooting for the car[V][V][V] But I'm afraid I have to agree with Tom........[xx(]

Nowdays, no one would ever spray gunite and expect it to stay water-tight; or any concrete for that matter. Around here it's SOP to seal basements from the outside before backfilling.

I'll just hold out hope that the water is recent; or the bag did some magical trick and saved the car... but I'm not sure if I'll be able to stand seeing it unveiled...

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

DANG... I was really rooting for the car[V][V][V] But I'm afraid I have to agree with Tom........[xx(]

Nowdays, no one would ever spray gunite and expect it to stay water-tight; or any concrete for that matter. Around here it's SOP to seal basements from the outside before backfilling.

I'll just hold out hope that the water is recent; or the bag did some magical trick and saved the car... but I'm not sure if I'll be able to stand seeing it unveiled...

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

"evidence water could have been to the top of the vault at one point"

Yee-Ouch, sure does not look good! This thing spent years as a U-boat! I guess it will still be inetersting conversation piece (or pieces) for someone. Maybe they should have just parked it on the courthose roof for 50 years.

I guess the Belvedere was a poor choice in this case. Should've been a Marlin! Or a Barracuda!

Dan
                52 hardtop

Comment

"evidence water could have been to the top of the vault at one point"

Yee-Ouch, sure does not look good! This thing spent years as a U-boat! I guess it will still be inetersting conversation piece (or pieces) for someone. Maybe they should have just parked it on the courthose roof for 50 years.

I guess the Belvedere was a poor choice in this case. Should've been a Marlin! Or a Barracuda!

Dan
                  52 hardtop

Comment

Anyone from that time period? Why was THIS so typical ?

The contents of a "typical" woman's handbag, including tranquilizer pills,

1963 R2 Super Lark (Rose Mist)
                    1963 Lark Daytona HT (black)
                    1963 Lark HT (parts car)
                    1951 Champion 2dr sedan
                    1957 Broadmoore wagon
                    1957 Broadmoore wagon
                    1958 Provincial wagon (maybe for sale)
                    1966 Daytona 2dr sedan
                    1951 1 1/2 ton truck
                    and others, plus various air cooled VW's
                    1966 Cadillac Coupe DeVille 2dr HT (for sale or trade)
                    1964 Cadillac Camper (for sale or trade)

[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/VWandSTUDEBAKER/Cars/MyOwnCarShow70s.jpg[img]

Comment

Anyone from that time period? Why was THIS so typical ?

The contents of a "typical" woman's handbag, including tranquilizer pills,

1963 R2 Super Lark (Rose Mist)
                      1963 Lark Daytona HT (black)
                      1963 Lark HT (parts car)
                      1951 Champion 2dr sedan
                      1957 Broadmoore wagon
                      1957 Broadmoore wagon
                      1958 Provincial wagon (maybe for sale)
                      1966 Daytona 2dr sedan
                      1951 1 1/2 ton truck
                      and others, plus various air cooled VW's
                      1966 Cadillac Coupe DeVille 2dr HT (for sale or trade)
                      1964 Cadillac Camper (for sale or trade)

[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/VWandSTUDEBAKER/Cars/MyOwnCarShow70s.jpg[img]

Comment

Yes I was there. When they put it in the ground in 1957. I was on my lunch break. And watched most of it.

Comment

Yes I was there. When they put it in the ground in 1957. I was on my lunch break. And watched most of it.

Comment

"Cordin to one of the articles I read, they did a quicky excavation in April, just to see what the vault looked like,and I think they chipped away at the sprayed concrete coating to gwt to the steel bars used to lift the lid, which was in sections. That kind of treatment could cause cracks and leakage since then, but after seeing todays photos of the interior of the bunker, I'd say water has been getting in there for a long time. Really too bad. I had hoped the car was well-preserved. They really should have encapsulated it above ground .

Comment

"Cordin to one of the articles I read, they did a quicky excavation in April, just to see what the vault looked like,and I think they chipped away at the sprayed concrete coating to gwt to the steel bars used to lift the lid, which was in sections. That kind of treatment could cause cracks and leakage since then, but after seeing todays photos of the interior of the bunker, I'd say water has been getting in there for a long time. Really too bad. I had hoped the car was well-preserved. They really should have encapsulated it above ground .

Comment

Working...
                              X