64 GT Hawk Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 GT Hawk Registry

I have noted in Turning Wheels that there are some specific years and models where there is a registry/history of the entire production run. The 64 Datona convert comes to mind.

Has anyone attempted this for the 64 GT Hawk, the production run was less than 1500.but The R series Avanti powered build was less than 200 and would be an easier one to work on.

If there is any interest, perhaps we could kick it arround in South Bend.

Dick Kemper-- NorthStar Chapt.

Cell: 612 382 3264

64V20152 R1 Superhawk T-10, 3.73 LSD, tracton bars, Bordeaux Red w /black interior, AM radio. Bought in Boston w/ 20K miles for $2k in 4/66. Drove to San Francisco in early '72, suffering severe rust (no A pillar below left lower door hinge.) Sold to Lionel Stone about 1978, less engine.
    At the IM in 2004 Chuck Naugle said that he had it.

(I registered it with the R-series registry, in he 1960s, so they may have other info I don't remember.

FYI, Massachusetts was not a title state, so it has no title and the "owner" still owed money on it when he 'sold" it to me. This was cleared with the loan company long ago. Karl Haas

Comment

64V20152 R1 Superhawk T-10, 3.73 LSD, tracton bars, Bordeaux Red w /black interior, AM radio. Bought in Boston w/ 20K miles for $2k in 4/66. Drove to San Francisco in early '72, suffering severe rust (no A pillar below left lower door hinge.) Sold to Lionel Stone about 1978, less engine.
      At the IM in 2004 Chuck Naugle said that he had it.

(I registered it with the R-series registry, in he 1960s, so they may have other info I don't remember.

FYI, Massachusetts was not a title state, so it has no title and the "owner" still owed money on it when he 'sold" it to me. This was cleared with the loan company long ago. Karl Haas

Comment

'64's might work but...I sure would not want to be the guy who gets stuck trying to do a registry of '62-'63 GT Hawks! It always seems like their survival rate must have been 40% or some outrageous number, they are everywhere! [:0]

I love '63's, have one and love it. And my son Mike has an R2 4 speed '63, but that would be one BIG list! [:0]

StudeRich

Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

'64's might work but...I sure would not want to be the guy who gets stuck trying to do a registry of '62-'63 GT Hawks! It always seems like their survival rate must have been 40% or some outrageous number, they are everywhere! [:0]

I love '63's, have one and love it. And my son Mike has an R2 4 speed '63, but that would be one BIG list! [:0]

StudeRich

Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X