Any '60 Lark owners out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any '60 Lark owners out there?

I posted this question a month or so ago, but still in need of help - we're having a heck of a time finding a picture of what goes above the front windows on the car.... the car is almost ready to start driving (YEAH!!) but I can't go anywhere in the rain with the big open spaces above those windows(see pic below).... If anyone out there has a 60 lark hardtop like mine, a pic would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!!!! You guys (and gals) out there on the forum have really been super and have made this project doable for us.

'60 Lark Hardtop, Red Bluff, CA
    sigpic

I have a 59 4 door Lark so I am not certain, but I once owned a '56 Packard Executive 2 dr hardtop that has a piece of stainless trim that would swivel on an approx 45 degree angle when the door opened and closed. I think you are missing a similar piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Tahiti Coral View Post
      I have a 59 4 door Lark so I am not certain, but I once owned a '56 Packard Executive 2 dr hardtop that has a piece of stainless trim that would swivel on an approx 45 degree angle when the door opened and closed. I think you are missing a similar piece.
      Thanks Paul! Can you tell me what your 59 lark has over the door? From my last post, I think the consensus was that they don't make the piece that goes here anymore, so I am going to have my work cut out for me hunting for it. Maybe a photo of what's above your front doors will give me at least a little tiny clue ... thanks!!
      sigpic

Comment

prob the same thing that is on the other side.

Comment

Get all 3 manuals that cover your lark. You will find pics. part #s, and discriptions for whatever you need. Once you have that info, you can order parts by part numbers. Don't be discouraged if you don't find a part in a vendors catalog. Studebaker International just found an obscure part ( not listed in the catalog ) for me. If you call with a part# they will look for it in the warehouse, and probably find it.

Comment

Looks like you have a hard top. On mine (55K) there are flipper mechanisms. Studebaker Int'l had replacement springs and parts for mine. You may need a donor unit. S.I. may even have them.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

The part you need is a molded piece of rubber thats attached to a metal strip and it screws in place above the window. This part for your Lark is no longer available but the same functioning part for an Avanti will substitute. The part for the Avanti is longer and needs to be cut off, but otherwise it will work fine. 1351334-5 is the part number and it is available from us as well as from other vendors.

Ed Reynolds
              Studebaker International

Comment

Thanks everyone! I have the shop manual, will go and order the others and see what I can figure out there.

Happy trails!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X