PDA

View Full Version : Paxton supercharger

ROOF
11-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Hey guys i have a Paxton supercharger up for sale. I had plans to use it but i was unaware what it went to until i did some research. I was told it would be in good hands here so if anyone wants to take it off my hands i'm selling it for $850. Its in really good condition, it spins and still has fluid in it. PM me if interested. Thank you

kmac530
11-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Welcome to the site first of all. You may have only joined to post this, which is fine with me, but you may also have a Stude so welcome.

Do you have any bracketry for it?
What was it on before?
How old is it?
Any other info is helpful for us. I SERIOUSLY would LOVE a SC on my old truck, but $850 is a bit out of my current budget. I will think about it and see if I can finagle something but I doubt it right now. Too many other needs just to get my truck on the road to think about spending this extra wish list stuff for now.

Best wishes on the sale though.

JDP
11-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Hey guys i have a Paxton supercharger up for sale. I had plans to use it but i was unaware what it went to until i did some research. I was told it would be in good hands here so if anyone wants to take it off my hands i'm selling it for $850. Its in really good condition, it spins and still has fluid in it. PM me if interested. Thank you

That's about $100-200 under the price of a factory rebuilt unit, with the risk that yours may turn out to need it once installed. Sadly, just because it spins, that is not proof that it's ready to go. BTDT.

(S)
11-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Thats not a bad deal if you know what the clocking and brackets are set up for. Is the carb, bonnet and brackets included, and what did these parts come off of? The supercharger itself is a 200 dollar core, the brackets etc, are what makes " the package" a decent deal.

Looks like 1980s Mustang?

Warren Webb
11-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Its been opened up sometime in the past-notice the lack of safety wire. On the other hand clocking it to a different postion is easy now.

ROOF
11-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Im going to take my business else where... And yes i have a Stude.
Its a 47 Studebaker stepside. So im going to another forum with less assholes.
Thanks

Alan
11-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Thank you but flattery will get you nowhere.

Gunslinger
11-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Thanks

We can get quite spirited here, but that was completely uncalled for. You were given honest opinions from knowledgeable people...just because one doesn't like what was said doesn't justify such an attitude. A grip on reality is called for.

kmac530
11-08-2011, 06:22 PM
WOW!
Whats up with that?
I dont even read any post that are offensive.
My post was legitimate questions, not only for me but others who may be interested. Others were just honest evaluations of possible value.
I seriously dont see the reason for anger here.

ROOF:
DO NOT JOIN the H.A.M.B. !!! Those guys will rip you a new one over there we are all nice and quite accomodating here.
If you do join the H.A.M.B. , or if they will let you here to change your user name on here you could go with "panties in a bunch" or "pissy attitude" !
Have a nice day.

Roscomacaw
11-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Let's be honest here. ROOF figured we'd all be WOW'd by a vintage supercharger that wasn't froze up, and the bidding would commence at $850. Oh well...... LOL!

starliner62
11-08-2011, 07:13 PM
The Roof, the Roof, the Roof is on fire!!!!

Bob Andrews
11-08-2011, 07:38 PM
The Roof, the Roof, the Roof is on fire!!!!

We don't need no water, let the mother----er burn! Burn mother----er, burn! <GG>

Yeah, I know that song:)

Seriously, makes you wonder what was said. Nothing in this thread, obviously. Just another head case.

jlmccuan
11-08-2011, 07:42 PM
He was referred here by the folks over on the AACA forum where he tried to sell it first. Not sure why they sent him here and not the Mustang forums. It's obviously not a Stude setup. On the AACA forum he said he was in a tight spot, so maybe he needs some slack, but I'm not sure why the truth should have upset him so much.

I posted the basics of this thread's direction on the AACA forum. Not sure why. It just seemed over the line for civil forum posting.

kmac530
11-08-2011, 07:52 PM
HAHAHA
Just to make sure are we taking Rock Master Scott and the Dynamic 3 or the Bloodhound Gang version....The latter would be "let the mother {insert old man farting} burn....no profanity at all.

I happen to know both versions, not proud of that, just do.

Fun stuff.

kmac530
11-08-2011, 07:54 PM
He was referred here by the folks over on the AACA forum where he tried to sell it first. Not sure why they sent him here and not the Mustang forums. It's obviously not a Stude setup. On the AACA forum he said he was in a tight spot, so maybe he needs some slack, but I'm not sure why the truth should have upset him so much.

Im in a tight spot, but I was still friendly to him.

Bob Andrews
11-08-2011, 08:20 PM
HAHAHA
Just to make sure are we taking Rock Master Scott and the Dynamic 3 or the Bloodhound Gang version....The latter would be "let the mother {insert old man farting} burn....no profanity at all.

I happen to know both versions, not proud of that, just do.

Fun stuff.

Bloodhound Gang for me. So dumb it's fun:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adgx9wt63NY

kmac530
11-08-2011, 08:24 PM
I knew I liked you Bob A.

Bob Andrews
11-08-2011, 08:29 PM
I knew I liked you Bob A.

Why, because I'm a dumb white guy?? <GG>

*For the unfamiliar, that's from the aforementioned song:)

Pat Skelly
11-08-2011, 10:47 PM
His profile says he has made no friends yet. At this rate, He Won't.
Thanks

kmac530
11-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Why, because I'm a dumb white guy?? <GG>

*For the unfamiliar, that's from the aforementioned song:)

To quote yet another era correct song..."your pretty fly for a white guy" Bob.

kmac530
11-09-2011, 12:47 AM
In all seriousness though, I really thing this is one of situations where not actually seeing someones facial expressions and hearing the inflections in their voice has affected the way the OP has taken someones comments.

I know I have read a post on a forum before {not here of course} when I was in a bad mood from something else, and the post seemed irritating, but it was the tone that "I" was reading it with, putting my own emphasis on it. After reading it at a latter point when I was in a good mood {post medication} I realized it was the way I was reading it and not the posters malice.

Knowing most of you for a couple months {on the website anyways} I dont see any reason why someone would be mad over post #2-5. I dont see any mal-intent in any of those post, but if someone did know any better, and was already really P-Oed at something else I guess our comments could come off as picking or critical, but that would be a stretch even under those circumstances.

I wish ROOF the best and hope if he was just really having a bad day it gets better for him.

TWO-63-R2
11-09-2011, 08:09 AM
I'm a long standing member on the AACA forum, and saw ROOF's post on the Paxton. On the AACA, he stated that it was for an Avanti. I suppose that's why they sent him here.

Marck

studegary
11-09-2011, 01:56 PM
At 10:30 PM, when I normally do not accept calls, while I was sitting in the dark and cold during/after the big storm, a guy called trying to sell me a supercharger. I said that people would be interested, but to please call me back in a few days when I would probably have power again. He never called back. I figured that this was the same guy when he posted here.

58PackardWagon
11-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Well it sounds like he hit the roof

kmac530
11-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Its a tiny bit sad to be having such a good laugh at ROOFs expense, but it is pretty funny... :)

I actually like threads like sometimes. Not all business all the time threads just some fun.

Roof, if you do come back and look at this thread.... I hope things have gotten better for you, and have a laugh, its good for you.

jlmccuan
11-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Not sure what happened over on the AACA thread after I posted, but the thread has been removed.

clonelark
11-10-2011, 01:42 AM
So im going to another forum with less assholes.

Good luck with that, There everywhere.

Gunslinger
11-10-2011, 08:23 AM
So im going to another forum with less assholes.

Good luck with that, There everywhere.

If that isn't the truth! Even a complete idiot can afford to belong to a free website.

Roscomacaw
11-10-2011, 10:17 AM
" Even a complete idiot can afford to belong to a free website."

That's right! I'm back here. Whoda thunk?

jlmccuan
11-10-2011, 10:24 AM
"Even a complete idiot can afford to belong to a free website" ???????????????

Are you kidding me? This free website has cost me PLENTY. Before I came here I was quite happy not having and spending money on Studebakers.

Gunslinger
11-10-2011, 10:40 AM

Are you kidding me? This free website has cost me PLENTY. Before I came here I was quite happy not having and spending money on Studebakers.

Point taken! :D

sweetolbob
11-10-2011, 11:47 AM

Possibly the best single line of commentary written on this site. Even worse, every bit of it is true.:):)

Bob

tbirdtbird
11-10-2011, 05:49 PM
At some other site watch he'll say it is for a Hudson or something. A reaction like that makes me wonder if it has been ripped off. We don't need'im

bezhawk
11-10-2011, 08:37 PM
It actually might have fit an Avanti.......just not one with a Studebaker engine. I have seen Chevy powered Avantis Paxton supercharged before.