We Won a 1925 Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Won a 1925 Studebaker

This spring while at a car show in Phoenix we saw a raffle sponsored by the Tuscon Police Foundation, where the grand prize was a 1925 Studebaker donated by Truly Nolen. Knowing it was a for a good cause we plunked down the $25 thinking it would be funny if our Mother's name would be drawn since they are both 1925 models. Her name was picked and she won the car. Whats even a bigger coincidence is that Joyce was born in Fargo ND, the engine block was cast two weeks later, and the car was delivered to Spicer MN in April 1925 which is approximately 100 miles from Fargo.
    Just wanted to share a happy story.

Now if I can only get him to start.
    [IMG][/IMG]

WOW what a beauty. You really scored and welcome to the forum. Join the club it is a great thing and the magazine you get every month is worth the membership cost.

People here will oogle that thing and will be more than willing to help out with advise and deals on stuff to get her/him fired up.

Fill in your profile so we can see where you are from and maybe someone will even be willing to swing by and take a look at her/him and help out...never know, these folks are kinda that way. Small community that really sticks together.

Congrats, Kelly

Comment

Hey! Your mom got MY ticket! Oh well. Congratulations. Do you know if it has run recently?
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Kelly, I have already met Ed, the president of the Studebaker Club here in Phoenix. We will be joining the club next payday when our car fund gets replenished.

Comment

Truly Nolen advertisment cars as this one was, usually do run. From what has been told when they dropped of the car, its been over a year since the car ran. It needed work on the starter and a hole in the waterpump repaired.

Comment

Paul

There is a tag on the firewall that indicates model, trim level and body number. Can you post it here? I can see it is a coach but President, Standard Six or Big Six?

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
              Paul

There is a tag on the firewall that indicates model, trim level and body number. Can you post it here? I can see it is a coach but President, Standard Six or Big Six?
              The number on the firewall is 1463, the serial number is 1240487, the motor number is 123096. It looks like a Standard six engine to me from the 1925 Studebaker Car Catalogue.

Comment

Paul,
                I am not personally aquainted with that motor or model, but most cars have a hole in the water pump normally. It is a small, maybe 1/8" hole on the bottom of the pump and it tells you when the water pump seal has gone bad because you can see it weeping out the bottom of the pump. If there was no hole and the seal went out the anti-freeze would run out the front of the pump drive shaft and fling off of the shaft all over the front of the motor and you may not be able to see where it is coming from.

There may be other reasons for the hole but that is what I was told, and has been my experience when it starts leaking you know right away.

Comment

I guess I can throw away my ticket now. Welcome to the world of Studebakers.
                  I see from your picture that they did not repaint the car in maroon like the man in Springfield said this summer. In any case it is a nice car and you should have fun with it. There seem to be fewer 2 doors around and you will stand out in the crowd.
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Does it smell of bug spray?
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Might also want to join the Antique Studebaker Club. Caters to pre-war Studes, with a bi-monthly publication--The Antique Studebaker Review. Targets all the unique issues encountered with the older vehicles.

Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

A few questions. Is the car at your place now? What has been done to it? Is it repainted or original? {looks non-OE, but you never know}
                        And last, if it is at your house now, can you please post more pics? I really love this car and like the cool story with your Mom and all.

Comment

Here are some more pics on my facebook, hope you can see them. The paint isn't original, the pictures from when Truly Nolen bought the car in 66 was black with a logo of a resort on it. It was then painted yellow and black, then blue and black. The only changes I have seen was the vaccuum tank for the gas was changed to an electric pump, and the Ignition was changed to a key. The interior is 80s velvet, in fair condition. There were a few things stolen out of the car that I can hopefully replace.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9502018&type=3

Comment

When I log on it says page unavailable.
                            "In the heart of Arkansas."
                            Searcy, Arkansas
                            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Lets try this one.
                              Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Working...
                              X