Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just made a classic TV show Studebaker sighting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just made a classic TV show Studebaker sighting!

I was watching a 1960 episode of "Naked City" on MeTV tonite. This episode is about a psychotic cop killer. In a scene about 40 mins into the show he's shown standing in front of a city park and behind him on the street is what appears to be a beautiful black 1959 or '60 Lark 2 dr HT. I think this show was set in NYC.
    edp/NC
    \'63 Avanti
    \'66 Commander

Very cool. You guys all have me looking closely nowdays at old shows or news shows with old settings or flash back scenes.

Comment

I believe Naked City was sponcered by Studebaker. Series ran until it was cancelled then Studebaker went to Mr Ed.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
        I believe Naked City was sponcered by Studebaker. Series ran until it was cancelled then Studebaker went to Mr Ed.
        Then they didn't get much bang for their advertising dollar with Naked City. All the police cars looked like Fords. At least Larks and station wagons showed up frequently on Mr. Ed.
        edp/NC
        \'63 Avanti
        \'66 Commander

Comment

Just saw a yellow Hawk of some kind on a rerun of 8 Simple Rules.
          James Garner was ogling it in the driveway.
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Last night on an episode of Auction Kings a man was wearing a Studebaker shirt with Champs and cars on it. He wanted $17,000 minimum for a restored caliope [sp?] It was a restored music wagon for parades. It didn't make the reserve.

Comment

I watched a B- movie called "Killers from Space" staring Peter Graves. Graves character drove a really nice looking 53 hardtop.

A scientist monitoring atomic tests, killed in a plane crash, is revived by aliens so he can spy on the tests and help them conquer the world. - IMDB...
              Jeff DeWitt
              http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Originally posted by JeffDeWitt View Post
                I watched a B- movie called "Killers from Space" staring Peter Graves. Graves character drove a really nice looking 53 hardtop.

http://www.archive.org/details/KillersFromSpace
                Dang! I've seen that horror movie several times and never noticed the '53.
                edp/NC
                \'63 Avanti
                \'66 Commander

Comment

I watch Naked City and Route 66 on our local RTV station in Seattle. They are both still interesting after all these years. There are a lot of street scenes on Naked City. You will see Lark taxis quite often in the show. I have seen other Studebakers as well including a nice looking 1960 Lark convertible. There was a 1953 Hudson shown prominently on a recent show. Route 66 has some street scenes, but nearly as many as Naked City. Didn't some of the Lark taxis have diesel engines?

Comment

I watched the movie "The Naked City" two days ago. The movie's from 1948. The primary cop car in this old film is a 1942 Commander 4-door. Good shots of it from various angles.
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

There was a movie made in the 80's or 90's where the lead character drove a Golden Hawk through the entire movie. I wish I could remember the name of it. I'll try to look it up. I think the all time best though is the movie Gatticca (sp). There must have been 2 dozen Avanti's in that movie.
                      If you got to the website IMDB.com and search for Studebakers you will get a surprising number of hits.
                      Ed Sallia
                      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

There is a very good website for cars appearing in movies. http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_172871-...H-K5-1953.html

http://www.imcdb.org/
                        sigpic

Comment

I think I saw a red 59/60 Lark II on Steven Seagal's show; Real Justice. It was on the 3rd for 4th episode of the first season.
                          www.spannerbird.com
                          Coral/Beige 1953 Studebaker Commander Starlight.

Comment

I saw an Avanti on Chips once, apparently someone left a package or something that Ponch was after next to the car. I remember that Ponch saw the package and said "over there next to the Avanti". There was another movie made in the 1990s that had Jamie Fox and a 1957 GoldenHawk. In one scene, Jamie describes the car to someone and explains that its a supercharged v8!

Comment

Lots of sighting in this well-established thread....http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ebakers+movies
                              63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                              X