uh ooohhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uh ooohhh

Just checked the weather forecast for South Bend for next week.

Hot all week (80's and 90's)...well, HOT compared to the temperate PNW

Thunderstorms from Tuesday on.

OK, if it's raining on Friday at the drags, I'm going up against the ChickenHawk

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Yes the weather is a little different in the midwest Dick,talked to Ted last night and he said he has been having a lot of problems with the Chicken Hawk this year,guess I'm not alone.Usually summer thunderstorms come and go so it probably won't be a washout next week.[8D] Want to borrow my slicks?

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

OK, if it's raining on Friday at the drags, I'm going up against the ChickenHawk

Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Yes the weather is a little different in the midwest Dick,talked to Ted last night and he said he has been having a lot of problems with the Chicken Hawk this year,guess I'm not alone.Usually summer thunderstorms come and go so it probably won't be a washout next week.[8D] Want to borrow my slicks?

Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

Yes the weather is a little different in the midwest Dick,
        I grew up in central Wisconsin and also lived in Cincinnati for several years. I was stationed in the Army at Ft. Campbell and Fort Knox (among other places). I should know the midwest weather, but I think I've blotted it out of my mind .

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

Yes the weather is a little different in the midwest Dick,
          I grew up in central Wisconsin and also lived in Cincinnati for several years. I was stationed in the Army at Ft. Campbell and Fort Knox (among other places). I should know the midwest weather, but I think I've blotted it out of my mind .

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick,

It was in the mid 70s already today at 8 am in central MN and we are expecting about 90 degress today. We had 90 degrees yesterday. There is rain moving through the Dakotas and it will probably be stormy here starting tomorrow for a couple of days. The good news is that by the time you get to Minnesota the weather is supposed to be warm, but not stormy.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Dick,

It was in the mid 70s already today at 8 am in central MN and we are expecting about 90 degress today. We had 90 degrees yesterday. There is rain moving through the Dakotas and it will probably be stormy here starting tomorrow for a couple of days. The good news is that by the time you get to Minnesota the weather is supposed to be warm, but not stormy.
              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Just wait to we go to Phoenix, but I guess they will tell us it is a "dry" heat. [B)][}]

Comment

Just wait to we go to Phoenix, but I guess they will tell us it is a "dry" heat. [B)][}]

Comment

Dick, this Spring has been the absolute worst for local weather forecasters! They are lucky to "get it right" even 15% of the time. Just yesterday on one of the local broadcasts, the Weatherman was going on and on about it being such a beautiful day "not even a cloud in the sky" when a technician switched the background to a live-cam shot showing...guess what...CLOUDS! The Weatherman quickly modified his statement! Couple weeks ago one local Weatherman was saying there was a chance of thunderstorms and some could be heavy ...flipping to another local Weatherman and he shows pictures of a Tornado on the ground and warning people in its way to take immediate cover!!! Since then, the one TV station has been ribbing the others about that little oversight of missing a TORNADO.

Bottomline; Come to South Bend for the fun of it all, but prepared for almost anything weather-wise!

Comment

Dick, this Spring has been the absolute worst for local weather forecasters! They are lucky to "get it right" even 15% of the time. Just yesterday on one of the local broadcasts, the Weatherman was going on and on about it being such a beautiful day "not even a cloud in the sky" when a technician switched the background to a live-cam shot showing...guess what...CLOUDS! The Weatherman quickly modified his statement! Couple weeks ago one local Weatherman was saying there was a chance of thunderstorms and some could be heavy ...flipping to another local Weatherman and he shows pictures of a Tornado on the ground and warning people in its way to take immediate cover!!! Since then, the one TV station has been ribbing the others about that little oversight of missing a TORNADO.

Bottomline; Come to South Bend for the fun of it all, but prepared for almost anything weather-wise!

Comment

This year they allready had temps in the 100's end of May-beginning of June in Phoenix and that is the week of their meet in 2010.I plan to enjoy SB whatever the weather.Its just as sultry there as here so I'm used to it.
                        Frank van Doorn
                        Omaha, Ne.
                        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

This year they allready had temps in the 100's end of May-beginning of June in Phoenix and that is the week of their meet in 2010.I plan to enjoy SB whatever the weather.Its just as sultry there as here so I'm used to it.
                          Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Just an update for what 41Frank said about Phoenix,
                            the temperature for that area will be 104 - 108 for
                            the remainder of the week....rather than drag races
                            we may want to have camel races....

1964 Daytona
                            glen Brose
                            Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

Just an update for what 41Frank said about Phoenix,
                              the temperature for that area will be 104 - 108 for
                              the remainder of the week....rather than drag races
                              we may want to have camel races....

1964 Daytona
                              glen Brose
                              Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

Working...
                              X