Matt's wagon, I'm done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt's wagon, I'm done

It stops great from 10 MPH with one or half of one wheel braking, not so good in reverse, but trailer ready. I left its first bath to Matt, but did clean the mud off the wheels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	w1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	1734253Click image for larger version

Name:	w2.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1734254Click image for larger version

Name:	w3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1734255Click image for larger version

Name:	w4.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1734256
    JDP Maryland

John, the spare tire that you put on the right front doesn't match the other 3. That's a deal breaker.

Well. Not really.

Thanks!

Comment

Good looking car..way to score Matt...

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
        John, the spare tire that you put on the right front doesn't match the other 3. That's a deal breaker.

Well. Not really.

Thanks!
        Hey, when I got the car two didn't match, so I'm improved the issue.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by 55champion View Post
          Good looking car..way to score Matt...
          It would have been nicer had it not spent a year or more under a tarp staked to the ground, Both the wagon and a 4 door Continental have some moisture bubbles in the paint down low, and the Connie had near perfect paint before outside storage. If you have a car under a tarp outside, remove it NOW.
          JDP Maryland

Comment

Looking Good Matt. Im liking those extra bumper guards on the front bumper.
            1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Looks like it needs braces with that smile!!
              Jamie McLeod
              Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
              1958 Commander "Christine"
              1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
              1955 Commander Sedan
              1964 Champ
              1960 Lark

Comment

Matt, if you thought Christine was fun, this wagon will be even more fun, you can haul a boat load of Stainless and many other things you thought you'd ever need a wagon for, They are so Handy and you can still haul people with you.
                Clonelark another wagon owner.
                101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

The bumper guards will be the first things removed. StudeDave57 has graciously offered to take them off my hands.

I'm beyond anxious to get this thing here. I cleaned out the other side of the garage this evening and made plenty of room for it. It'll look good sitting next to Tom's old '51 business coupe. I dug out the buffer too. Maybe I'm too anxious.

JP, a check for $100 will be in the mail tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                    The bumper guards will be the first things removed. StudeDave57 has graciously offered to take them off my hands.

I'm beyond anxious to get this thing here. I cleaned out the other side of the garage this evening and made plenty of room for it. It'll look good sitting next to Tom's old '51 business coupe. I dug out the buffer too. Maybe I'm too anxious.

Might want to scrub/wash it with Bon Ami or Bartenders Friend first to get the dirt buried in the paint off.

JP, a check for $100 will be in the mail tomorrow.

Might want to scrub/wash it with Bon Ami or Bartenders Friend first to get the dirt buried in the paint off.
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

Cool car, Matt. I used to get to go to work with Dad at the dealership in Knoxville, and remember thinking how cool it was to set on that "back porch" of the wagons and watch the cars and the guys working on them, ha !! John

Comment

Sharp-lookin' machine!
                        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Matt, cool car. I did not know about the" back porch" on these wagons. Growing up in a Ford agency we had a different treatment to the tail gate.
                          Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
                            May I also recommend GM Surface Cleaner? Available at your local dealer over the counter. Stuff goes on like a liquid wax, but when you buff off, it takes all the grime, road tar, insect waste and paint oxidation with it. Really amazing stuff.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

So if this is out of line please just say so, and I would totally understand not wanting to post it in public,
                              BUT, what did you end up having to give for Penny?
                              Just say MYOB if you want to. Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X