Foundry Related Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foundry Related Question

I was wondering if any one on this Forum know or have any connections or know of anyone who had worked in the foundry when it was a foundry and not after. I have a quite a collection of photos of the foundry and I have some questions regarding when it was a foundry.

Originally posted by acandilas View Post
    I was wondering if any one on this Forum know or have any connections or know of anyone who had worked in the foundry when it was a foundry and not after. I have a quite a collection of photos of the foundry and I have some questions regarding when it was a foundry.
    One of my cousins worked summers in the Foundry while going to college in the early 50's.

Comment

Don't know anybody who actually worked there, but do know quite a bit about the building. A lot of people here on this forum know about it too. What questions do you have about it?
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

This publication has 32 pages and 64 photographs. Quite comprehensive.
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

A few pages from the 32 page booklet.
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

John Nemeth may be a source of some foundry information. While I met him in Naples, he may have been visiting and have a permanent home in another area. Nemeth was a name heard from time to time in South Bend. Very nice gentleman and SDC members there may know him or know of him.

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Bryant View Post
              John Nemeth may be a source of some foundry information. While I met him in Naples, he may have been visiting and have a permanent home in another area. Nemeth was a name heard from time to time in South Bend. Very nice gentleman and SDC members there may know him or know of him.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Nemeth+Foundry
              Irionically, I saw him twice today. He's a member of the michiana chapter.
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                Irionically, I saw him twice today. He's a member of the michiana chapter.
                So Chris, what were you doing at Bill's Body Shop, where "our" John Nemeth hangs out???

I really believe they are referring to a different one in management at Studebakers, although "our" John Nemeth was who told me about Studebakers burying blocks in the ground to "age" them. Hey, maybe that is what’s taking the Foundry demolition crew so long to finish up ...they are digging up all those well "aged" R5 Studebaker blocks!!!
                Last edited by Welcome; 10-31-2011, 06:26 PM.

Comment

The above mentioned John Nemeth ( by Bob Bryant) and the local John Nemeth (pictured in the above thread) are two different people. The surname Nemeth is a very common Hungarian name around here and John is probably the most common given name among males of Hungarian background.
                  R2Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by R2Andy View Post
                    The above mentioned John Nemeth ( by Bob Bryant) and the local John Nemeth (pictured in the above thread) are two different people. The surname Nemeth is a very common Hungarian name around here and John is probably the most common given name among males of Hungarian background.
                    , not John!!!

My Grandfather & Great-Grandfather were both named , both born in Hungary and both worked for Studebakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                      There you go again Andy, forgetting your Magyar (Hungarian) heritage!!! It’s , not John!!!

My Grandfather & Great-Grandfather were both named , both born in Hungary and both worked for Studebakers.
                      Yup, and you bet your dupa I'm polish... (and hungarian).
                      I saw the John Nemeth I know going down Gertrude today. I didn't have school today so I hung out at Steve & Genes for a while today.
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Where could I or (If i can) purchase a copy of this booklet?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                          Don't know anybody who actually worked there, but do know quite a bit about the building. A lot of people here on this forum know about it too. What questions do you have about it?
                          Almost every or anything about it.

Comment

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Nemeth+Foundry
                            This website for the SW Florida SDC club has a photo of John Nemeth's Lark wagon on the lower right if that helps you identify the correct one. I thought he was from Punta Gorda and it appears there are three John Nemeths living there! There are almost enough Hungarians that St. Dyngus Day could be celebrated! I miss that annual fun time.

Comment

This website for the SW Florida SDC club has a photo of John Nemeth's Lark wagon on the lower right if that helps you identify the correct one. I thought he was from Punta Gorda and it appears there are three John Nemeths living there! There are almost enough Hungarians that St. Dyngus Day could be celebrated! I miss that annual fun time.

http://southwest-gulf-sdc.org/
                              This may help acandilas in his search for the correct John Nemeth. Also, the SDC membership directory could help narow down the search. It has been a while, but he may have been a Purdue graduate. Studebaker was his first job after college.

Comment

Working...
                              X