Transmission mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Transmission mounts

The Flitomatic trans from Sandi's 61 Hawk has an aluminum tailshaft housing with a mount cast into it that was not in use when I removed it from her chassis. It had two mounts (one on each side) bolted to the bell housing.
    Was this the way they all came??
    I had hope to ust the tail shaft mount and thought I bought one on ebay but it is too narrow and there is no place to mount it on the bat wing.
    The side mounts have seen better days and if I am to use them, I would definitely replace them. Where can I get new ones??
    Thanks
    & Good Roads
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

I believe all Studes used the side mounts, and the rear one was for brand x cars that used the B-W trans. I got new ones from Dave T-Bow, but most Stude vendors would have them.
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Brian, I may have a pair of new ones. I probably have a pair of intact used ones that aren't too saggy. There is a thick spacer washer, about 1/2" thick goes under the driver side one, IIRC. I should be home in a little over a week, and can check for you then.

Good news is they are not that hard to change when the car is all together, if you have a hoist to work with.
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Thanks Gord
        Please shoot me an e-mail when you get home to check.
        Thanks
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
        X