This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIberglass C-K panels, hoods, etc.

I ran across this site: http://www.the-glas-shop.com/ck.htm . They make practically anything for the Studebaker C-K cars. Even trunk lids, and rear quarter panels. I don't know anything about these guys, but since they are in Maryland, I suppose JDP knows them. Sometimes people ask about fiberglass replacement parts, so I thought I'd post this. They don't advertise in Turning Wheels (I guess they don't feel like marketing much). I think they are mainly meant for street rods, but it looks like some pieces are basically stock knock-offs.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

I wonder if anyone makes any fiberglass body parts for Avanti?[)]

Tom
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I wonder if anyone makes any fiberglass body parts for Avanti?[)]

Tom
      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

They have been around a long time.
        They make 'race weight' body parts for racers, and make some excellent 'bolt on' replacement parts.
        I own a few of their items and can attest to their quality and fit.
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Scott

I ran across this site: http://www.the-glas-shop.com/ck.htm . They make practically anything for the Studebaker C-K cars. Even trunk lids, and rear quarter panels. I don't know anything about these guys, but since they are in Maryland, I suppose JDP knows them. Sometimes people ask about fiberglass replacement parts, so I thought I'd post this. They don't advertise in Turning Wheels (I guess they don't feel like marketing much). I think they are mainly meant for street rods, but it looks like some pieces are basically stock knock-offs.

DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
        Homeless[u](For a week!)</u>
        '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
        '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
        '61 Hawk (project)
        http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

They have been around a long time.
          They make 'race weight' body parts for racers, and make some excellent 'bolt on' replacement parts.
          I own a few of their items and can attest to their quality and fit.
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Scott

DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
          Homeless[u](For a week!)</u>
          '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
          '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
          '61 Hawk (project)
          http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I've got one of "RodnRace's" 59-60 Lark hoods. Actually, one and a third hoods! The third section is gonna be a "scoop" without looking too much like a scoop...at least from the sides.

Very nice work.

Mike

Comment

I've got one of "RodnRace's" 59-60 Lark hoods. Actually, one and a third hoods! The third section is gonna be a "scoop" without looking too much like a scoop...at least from the sides.

Very nice work.

Mike

Comment

Looks like they're one and the same to me. Web sites are the same , prices are the same, payment and shipping instructions the same. Just an observation, not implying anything shifty.[8D][8D]
                Wouldn't mind seeing the rear Hawk wings, I'd like a set for my 63 for something different much to the disgust of the purists
                Regards Bob

Regards Bob

Comment

Looks like they're one and the same to me. Web sites are the same , prices are the same, payment and shipping instructions the same. Just an observation, not implying anything shifty.[8D][8D]
                  Wouldn't mind seeing the rear Hawk wings, I'd like a set for my 63 for something different much to the disgust of the purists
                  Regards Bob

Regards Bob

Comment

Doesn't this guy come to York every year? I have seen some of their stuff used on lsr cars. It is very much first class. As Jeff mentioned they have both race and street versions. Thicker stuff for street use.
                    Joe Roberts
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Doesn't this guy come to York every year? I have seen some of their stuff used on lsr cars. It is very much first class. As Jeff mentioned they have both race and street versions. Thicker stuff for street use.
                      Joe Roberts
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                      X