Brand new Ford 1965 Mustang bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new Ford 1965 Mustang bodies

Maybe the convertible bodies are rare but I've seen plenty of running Mustangs of this era for sale less than the $15K they want for the body. Of course putting this body on modern chassis and drive train might be pretty cool from a performance and handling stand point.

Ford Motor Co. will soon sell brand-new 1965 Ford Mustangs for just $15,000 each. The only hitch: There's some assembly required.
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Well, it has promise.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

could someone talk them into a run of 53 CK's. brand spanking new and no rust repairs to be made. now that would be neat.

Comment

Seeing the brand-new '57 Chevy bodies come out a couple of years back, I figured it was only time before the 1G 'Stang was done, too. Cool stuff!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I've seen ads for new 67-68 Mustang bodies, so this is news to me.
          Still, I'm sure there's a market. Even with repro fenders, hoods, trunks, etc, already available, the costs of doing an entire body must be huge.

In addition to the resto mod market, I'm sure there are folks out there with a beloved car (My first new car, etc) thay want to restore...so this might help them.
          Or course with a rebody you get into the old George Washington's axe issue (three new handles, a couple of heads, but it was his axe).
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by 8E12T6 View Post
            could someone talk them into a run of 53 CK's. brand spanking new and no rust repairs to be made. now that would be neat.
            You'll never see it happen. With the cost of designing the tooling for all the dozens of pieces, it's only possible to do the absolute most desired icon cars: 57 Chevy, 69 Camaro, 67-70 Mustang fatback, and now these.

Dynacorn has been doing the Mustang fastbacks for awhile now. I have a MoPar buddy who inquired about the possibility of a 70-71 Challenger or Cuda. He was told that they looked at it, but there wasn't enough interest in high-end replacement bodies for those other than the factory Hemis, and there aren't enough of them left to say so.
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

You'll never see it happen.
              Unless I win POWERBALL!
              sigpic

Comment

A company makes 67 mustang fastback 57 chevy convertible and a 54 ford truck body too.

Comment

Last time I looked Dynacorn was readying reproduction 65/66 Mustang converable and fastback bodies. If you think about the time it takes to fix a rusty body if you can only work a few hours here or there, $13,500 for a rust free body might not be a bad investment but $13,500 is still a good bit of change.

Jeff T.

Addendum: Dynacorn is offically unveiling their 64/66 convertable body at the SEMA show next week. the new body will sell for $15,000 with front fenders and hood sold seperately
                  Last edited by Jeff T.; 10-29-2011, 06:30 PM.
                  \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
                  The Replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff T. View Post
                    Last time I looked Dynacorn was readying reproduction 65/66 Mustang converable and fastback bodies. If you think about the time it takes to fix a rusty body if you can only work a few hours here or there, $13,500 for a rust free body might not be a bad investment but $13,500 is still a good bit of change.

Jeff T.

Addendum: Dynacorn is offically unveiling their 64/66 convertable body at the SEMA show next week. the new body will sell for $15,000 with front fenders and hood sold seperately
                    Considering how rare they are: the Dynacorn fastback may be a good seller. Rustfree coupes though are a dime a dozen here in Arizona.
                    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I have long been convinced that you can build a brand new 1965 Mustang or 1957 Chevy from total scratch, based on the reproduction parts I have seen for sale.
                      And, given the number of them that I still see around, I am not convinced some people haven't.
                      There seem to be more of both of those cars in existence now than there were back when the cars were contemporary.

Comment

Originally posted by aenthal View Post
                        There seem to be more of both of those cars in existence now than there were back when the cars were contemporary.
                        Same is true downunder, There seem to be more 1G mustangs in Aus now than their contemporary model Aussie falcons.......

Comment

While your stamping i need a 53 K ragtop. Complete with C/K grille surrounds. You can have your Furds.
                          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
                          X