Tach wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Tach wiring

The tach on my '63 GT seems to be sluggish. The needle doesn't seem to keep up with the increasing rpm, but catches up in a few seconds. Could it be a ground issue, bad head or sending unit?

Also, I have the wiring diagram for the 63, in the reprinted '59-'64 shop manual I got from SASCO a few years back, but can 't seem to find the tach on it. Any one out there have a diagram showing the tach wiring?

Thanks

The tachometer unit itself probably just needs to be taken apart and carefully cleaned and lubricated. 'Not sure I'd do that myself; it might be an idea to send it to an instrument repair facility.

The tach wiring diagram is in the July 1992 Turning Wheels Co-Operator. I don't have a scanner, so perhaps someone with a scanner and that copy will post it. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, I have found that the head unit is usually not the problem. It is most likely a sending unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucks Stude View Post
        Bob, I have found that the head unit is usually not the problem. It is most likely a sending unit.
        OK, Chuck; thanks. 'Good that new, improved sending units are available. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Attached is a scan of TW July, 1992 Pg40 tach wiring diagram.
          Stude8
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X