74 avanti 11 with rotted frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 74 avanti 11 with rotted frame

Hi Folks, It's a long story but, I could use some advice on my dream car going to seed. Was in the middle of a frame off, one hog trough done when my marriage went south and so did I. The body was thrown back on the frame and it has been sitting for 10 + years. I trailered it to Texas and tore up the left front fender pretty good. The Frame is beyond repair at least the rear half. I have new frame rails for it but, need all the parts that go on it. I would love to finish it however, I need a frame. and don't know what other frames will work. I'd like to sell it as is if anyone is interested. It is all there The only thing I can't find is a bumber. It not all apart as I just seperated the frame from the body. If I could get a frame cheap or even knew what to look for I would love to restore it myself even knowing the numbers don't add up in my favor but, since when did that stop anyone from restoring a car. Any advice would be appreciated. Part it out, sell as is, fix it up. My wife passed not long ago and taking care of her and then me. The car has serious signs of negelect. I've owned it about 20 years now that I think about it. Wow ! Times fly's. Thank's for listening. Best Regards, Jay Boudreau

Originally posted by jaysauto View Post
    Hi Folks, It's a long story but, I could use some advice on my dream car going to seed. Was in the middle of a frame off, one hog trough done when my marriage went south and so did I. The body was thrown back on the frame and it has been sitting for 10 + years. I trailered it to Texas and tore up the left front fender pretty good. The Frame is beyond repair at least the rear half. I have new frame rails for it but, need all the parts that go on it. I would love to finish it however, I need a frame. and don't know what other frames will work. I'd like to sell it as is if anyone is interested. It is all there The only thing I can't find is a bumber. It not all apart as I just seperated the frame from the body. If I could get a frame cheap or even knew what to look for I would love to restore it myself even knowing the numbers don't add up in my favor but, since when did that stop anyone from restoring a car. Any advice would be appreciated. Part it out, sell as is, fix it up. My wife passed not long ago and taking care of her and then me. The car has serious signs of negelect. I've owned it about 20 years now that I think about it. Wow ! Times fly's. Thank's for listening. Best Regards, Jay Boudreau

I wish I had some good news for you, but I've sold a few, good Avanti frames and you are talking 2K or more. Perhaps you could weld in the rear section of a Lark frame and the required Avanti bits. I won't depress you further by telling you the value of a project Avanti II with frame issues.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Others maybe able to provide more information but I believe the Avanti frame is very close to the sliding roof Lark Wagon. I couple of months ago I ran across a 64 Lark sliding roof wagon minutes away from being hauled to the scrap yard. As it had disc brakes and AC and the full flow V-8 I hated to see all of this lost. Larry Brooks came and hauled it off and I'm sure would be happy to provide you with the needed parts. He shouldn't be all that far for you to travel --- if you PM me I will get you his phone #.

Comment

Call Dan Booth at Nostaglic Motor Cars he might be able to help you out he some used frames as well as new frames 248-349-4884
        Joseph Kastellec

Comment

Working...
        X