No announcement yet.

POLE: The types of Web sites you like/ do not like for your parts needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: POLE: The types of Web sites you like/ do not like for your parts needs

When you shop, do you just go to EBay, go to your vendor lists and browse? What would you like to see on a Stude website? Please do not name any names, especially if it is a 'dislike'

There are the ones with mixed up lists
    There are the ones with just a few parts listed with pictures (of just a few)

There are static sites that just ask to email them
    There are the slow ones, that have so much listed, it is hard to find with all that data
    There is a 'searchable one' where you ask for a part number in the little box

Are lists better? How many items should have pictures? Etc.

If I missed one, tell me what it is. List your likes and dislikesabout how you like to see things please!
    Last edited by (S); 10-26-2011, 03:56 PM.

Originally posted by (S) View Post
    When you shop, do you just go to EBay, go to your vendor lists and browse? What would you like to see on a Stude website? Please do not name any names, especially if it is a 'dislike'

There are the ones with mixed up lists
    There are the ones with just a few parts listed with pictures (of just a few)

There are static sites that just ask to email them
    There are the slow ones, that have so much listed, it is hard to find with all that data
    There is a 'searchable one' where you ask for a part number in the little box

Are lists better? How many items should have pictures? Etc.

If I missed one, tell me what it is. List your likes and dislikesabout how you like to see things please!
    (S)

One that has a search function that when I type in "Avanti Brake" or any other item I'm looking I get a listing of Avanti brake parts not a list of 1568 items I need to look through to hopefully locate what I need.

Bob

Comment

Searchable is key. Sometimes I look for my parts late at night, don't have the time or inclination to call unless I have to. I always look to support our vendors, but the vendors with searchable sites get priority. At the end of an 18-hour day, I want to search and if a site doesn't have it, move on to the next. Nothing wrong with "call with needs" but they're a last resort.

I'm a big eBay fan because whatever you need you can go to eBay and get an idea of prices. I also price-shop late at night. Another thing you see on eBay is sellers that are ready to do business- that is, you find it, pay instantly and safely with PayPal, and it's shipped the next day. Nobody wants to hear "well, you'll have to wait, because I only ship once a week" or the like. Those that are ready to do business get my business.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
      X