Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburetor Shop in New Orleans

Hello Everyone,
    it's been awhile since i've posted and i miss it here.

I have a question...i live in florida but my brother in law and sister live in new orleans. my brother in law took apart the carburetor of there '64 Daytona and now cannot put it back together...i was told by my uncle who was a mechanic for 50 years that you should never take them apart unless you know how to put them back together. oh well...

so i want to give them a xmas present of either fixing, rebuilding, or replacing the carb. Do anyone know a carb. shop in new orleans or a surrounding area that you would suggest for this? also any rough estimates on cost?

thanks in advance

You could try getting a hold of these guys: http://www.studebakerlouisiana.net/

Maybe someone with the local club can point you in the right direction.

Comment

Do you know which carb it is? 2bbl or 4bbl?
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

thanks

thanks ozark!

Rosco i have no clue...i could try find out but i dont think my BIL knows either

Comment

in new orleans

I realize this thread is about six months old, but I have a two barrel stomberg carb from a 64 wagonaire with a 259 in it. The money was spent completely rebuilding the thing as it was the problem before Katrina. The car is further gone than someone in my position can deal with, so if someone in the area needs it let me know. Conversely if someone wants to get rid of a car that matches my carb that would be good to. I am tired of piecing together a 82 ford granada wagon that I have now. Looking for a new orleans carb place myself and stumbled into this post.

Jerabelle

Comment

For Carbs my best suggestion is to send them to Dave Thibeault (tee-bow). He does an outstanding job and your carb comes back usually better than new. Dave isn't local for you though as he's in, I think, Maryland... Or is it Maine (Ma), Massachusetts? North east anyway. I never could figure out those !@%!! Postal abbreviations.

Dave Thibeault
            13 Nick Lane
            Maynard, Ma 01754
            XR8- TY7-3158

Send it to Dave and get it done right the first time.
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I highly recommend Daytona Parts company for carb work and restoration. Right now they are 8 weeks out for carb work.
              Daytona Parts Co. A premier supplier of high quality carburetor repair kits and Ethanol resistant carburetor component parts for carburetors, from 1923 thru today

Another company that is Guaranteed Carb in Largo Fl. Just had them do the 58 Packard Hawk carb.

(243.96) looks like new.
              Both companies do their own work in house, nothing is farmed out to anyone else and my experience has been that they look and function as new when installed.
              64 Champ long bed V8
              55/53 Studebaker President S/R
              53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rusty-old-car- View Post
                I realize this thread is about six months old, but I have a two barrel stomberg carb from a 64 wagonaire with a 259 in it. The money was spent completely rebuilding the thing as it was the problem before Katrina. The car is further gone than someone in my position can deal with, so if someone in the area needs it let me know. Conversely if someone wants to get rid of a car that matches my carb that would be good to. I am tired of piecing together a 82 ford granada wagon that I have now. Looking for a new orleans carb place myself and stumbled into this post.

Jerabelle

Hi Jerabelle, How far gone is the wagonaire? Did it go underwater? Thanks, Steve
                sigpic

Comment

She is pretty far gone. It was the last Studebaker sold from the dealership in Natchez in 1964. It was traded in to the same dealership in 1978 which had became a Dodge. It sat there for years before it traded through a couple of people and then to me. It was a daily driver for a while, but was south of the tracks in Long Beach Mississippi when Katrina hit. I do not really remember how or why it was there. I remembered that it needed a carb rebuild and sent it to Massachusetts. Everything else was submerged for about twelve hours or so. It took about six months to move (it was in an area by the port that was in a different military zone covered by a lot of rotten meat at the time). The engine did not free for me. It ended up on a farm north of New Orleans. It has been a year since I could make the trip. I really wish someone could put it to use again. My membership lapsed in the club lapsed last year and I just had to let it go. It is all I can do to keep something running in town get a single mom and a six year old around. If anyone can save it from its resting place let me know. It is not possible for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X