Station Wagon Glass Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Station Wagon Glass Needed

I need the rear quarter glass for (I'm assuming) a 57 or 58 4 door wagon. The pass. side one on my car is cracked. With Ed Reynolds now having the seals available, I have no hesitation replacing it.

This:

Stude Int'l doesn't have them, nor any other vendor I've tried. I could easily have it cut locally, but I'm looking for an original with matching factory tint. The part number is 1320141.

Anybody out there with a parts car that might have one...?
    Last edited by mbstude; 10-25-2011, 08:53 PM.

Does Richard F. still have that other wagon you were going to buy?
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Locate but don't buy yet. I might have one. Will try to look tonight.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I know Bob, just putting a feeler out there in case you don't come up with one.

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
        Does Richard F. still have that other wagon you were going to buy?
        I didn't think about that. It still had one good quarter glass, the other was busted out. I have the build sheet for that car and it does have tinted glass. Not sure if Richard will part it out but it's definitely worth a phone call. Oh by the way, are you going to Moultrie this year?

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
          Not sure if Richard will part it out but it's definitely worth a phone call.
          Very much worth a call- just that one picture proves that. And if it is being parted out, don't stop at just the glass you need. For resale or for spares- I see a TON of useful parts there!!!!!
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Side glass is easy for a good glass shop. Just trace out the opposite side on a piece of cardboard, add in the amount hidden in the channel.
            Best bet is to take them the car if you can.

Someone is making many windshields and backglass/tailgate glass and selling them on e-bay.

Mike

Comment

I agree Mike. But it's the factory tint that would likely be tough to match.

I just talked to Richard, the owner of the '58 Packard Wagon. He's only a couple of hours south of me. I made him an offer for everything I wanted off the car. He's going to think about it and we'll go from there. I think the Packard is too far gone for restoration, but it does have some good parts. I'd just buy the whole car but I don't have anywhere to store a parts car. Or even a way to get it home.
              Last edited by mbstude; 10-26-2011, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Probably won't make Moultrie this year. It's the same weekend as the club meeting and Daytona is the next weekend.

If you want to buy the Packard, you can put it on the gas line. I don't want any more parts cars at the shop.
                Neil Thornton

Comment

The Perry, GA Swap Meet is November 12. I plan on hitting that one too. I went last year and it was well worth the trip. Rene Harger and Jerry Forrester are supposed to be there, both with a Stude for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                    I agree Mike. But it's the factory tint that would likely be tough to match.
                    Nope. Standard green tint. If the glass shop has original patterns, tell them to make you a 4099T.
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                    X