The new SI catalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new SI catalog

I ordered one of Ed's catalogs as soon as I saw the announcement that they were available.

Holy cow. Over 350 pages and LOTS of parts that "haven't been available" for 30 years. I'm simply in awe of the stuff that's been unearthed, sorted, and now available. Too cool.

Great job to Ed and the rest of the SI gang. You've done the Studebaker world a huge favor.

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    I ordered one of Ed's catalogs as soon as I saw the announcement that they were available.

Holy cow. Over 350 pages and LOTS of parts that "haven't been available" for 30 years. I'm simply in awe of the stuff that's been unearthed, sorted, and now available. Too cool.

Great job to Ed and the rest of the SI gang. You've done the Studebaker world a huge favor.
    Thanks for that update, Matthew!

I haven't see the actual 2012 S/I Catalog, but from what I've heard the font, new format & new printing techniques those 350 pages may actually equal something like 500 pages of the old style 2009 Catalog!!!

Also be interesting to know approximately what percentage of S/I's TOTAL inventory of different part numbers even appears in the NEW Catalog! My "guess-ti-mate" would be there is another 25% of part numbers in their current inventory that does NOT even appear in NEW 2012 Catalog!

Or ...better yet, maybe E.R. will jump in here and give us the big picture.
    Last edited by Welcome; 10-24-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Is S-I automatically sending them out to recent customers or do you have to ask?
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I believe Ed said that if you ordered something within the past 2 years, you'll get a catalog
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
          Thanks for that update, Matthew!

I haven't see the actual 2012 S/I Catalog, but from what I've heard the font, new format & new printing techniques those 350 pages may actually equal something like 500 pages of the old style 2009 Catalog!!!

Also be interesting to know approximately what percentage of S/I's TOTAL inventory of different part numbers even appears in the NEW Catalog! My "guess-ti-mate" would be there is another 25% of part numbers in their current inventory that does NOT even appear in NEW 2012 Catalog!

Or ...better yet, maybe E.R. will jump in here and give us the big picture.
          The new catalog is good now, but trust me it's only going to get better. My main job there is doing inventory on all the "green crate" parts in the warehouse (no bulk, at least not at this time). The next catalog will probably include a lot of the part numbers that I'm currently counting. I love this job.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

That's awsome Chris! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Chris, it's good to see a fellow like you being in a position such as this.

Continue to share, and continue to enjoy!!
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

I'll never get out of the bathroom now!!!!
                Jamie McLeod
                Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                1958 Commander "Christine"
                1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                1955 Commander Sedan
                1964 Champ
                1960 Lark

Comment

note to self: remember to order the new catalog. that is all.
                  1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Note to self: Don't ever ask to borrow Jamie's S-I catalog!
                    Carey
                    Packard Hawk

Comment

I want to thank Ed for his dedication to Studebaker. You too Chris. After another 6-8 years of school, I see a big future for you in the Studebaker parts business. Ed wont live forever (sorry Ed). With the parts you are now inventorying, are there plans for a supplement to the catalog? It may be cheaper to do a yearly supplement for about 5 years rather than printing a new catalog every year.
                      Jerry Forrester
                      Forrester's Chrome
                      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
                        I'll never get out of the bathroom now!!!!
                        I should have said library!!
                        Jamie McLeod
                        Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                        1958 Commander "Christine"
                        1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                        1955 Commander Sedan
                        1964 Champ
                        1960 Lark

Comment

Received mine yesterday.
                          WOW! What a catalog!
                          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Mine got here Thursday... but the checkbook is mighty thin DARN IT!
                            I'll hope for a winning Powerball ticket tonight and start my list tomorrow!
                            I like all of the customer car photos that are included as well.

Comment

Got mine on Thursday too
                              It's nice to see some NLA parts have been found and are available again.

Jeff T.
                              \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
                              The Replacements.

Comment

Working...
                              X