AUSSIE OCTOBER TWs FINALLY ARRIVED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUSSIE OCTOBER TWs FINALLY ARRIVED

Just received my Turning Wheels for October in the mail today. I thought to post this notice in case our Canadian SDC colleagues are still waiting on their copies.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

'Talk about stirring the pot, Jim! <GGG> BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      'Talk about stirring the pot, Jim! <GGG> BP
      I'm affraid I already stirred it Bob when I congratulated 2R5 about the cover photo on the November issue and he hasn't gotten his Oct issue yet!
      Jim S.
      I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Its good to see that the down unders get theirs sssoooo fast, We are on the same land mass and havent seen hide nor hare of any Oct Issue as yet, but since the dues went up the POST OFFICE fails to deliver now. Not Turning Wheels fault, its Canada Post trouble.
        Evan Severson

Comment

Larktruck ...I've decided to drive down to SB this weekend and stop in at the museum to pick up my Nov TW....that way I'll get it for sure !
          ......I've given up on Octobers <g>
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
            Larktruck ...I've decided to drive down to SB this weekend and stop in at the museum to pick up my Nov TW....that way I'll get it for sure !<g>
            Now that sounds like a PLAN!!!

Nov. TW did in fact arrive here today ...bent right through the spline as usual, but at least it did arrive.

Comment

Larktruck ...I've decided to drive down to SB this weekend and stop in at the museum to pick up my Nov TW....that way I'll get it for sure !
              ......I've given up on Octobers <g>
              I would probably do the same. Glad to see someone is putting the blame on Canada Post, and us USPS boys! :-)
              JS
              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Well I've got to be honest here....got to deliver some parts and we're going to take in a ND football game as well .
                sigpic

Comment

>>>......I've given up on Octobers <g>
                  Sad indeed, Oct. TW is one of the best issues ever!!!

I'd be willing to send you my issue of Oct. TW from South Bend tomorrow and we'll see which arrives first ...the South Bend sent or the Printer sent issue. PM me with the address you would like it sent to no later than 8 a.m. EDT tomorrow (10/25/11) if you want it

Comment

Thanks for the offer , but it will show up here soon ......I hope ! ( it always has)
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the offer , but it will show up here soon ......I hope ! ( it always has)
                      You're Welcome!!

..................................................................

Ok then, same offer for any other SDC Member in Canada who has not yet received their Oct. TW issue. First person to PM gets it.

PS: Sorry Aussies, I'm saving up my AUD's for postage to include you if this ever happens again.<G>

Comment

Glad to hear that boys.
                        Still no news there though. Today, maybe.
                        Enjoy your reading.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                          You're Welcome!!

..................................................................

Ok then, same offer for any other SDC Member in Canada who has not yet received their Oct. TW issue. First person to PM gets it.

PS: Sorry Aussies, I'm saving up my AUD's for postage to include you if this ever happens again.<G>
                          +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, no PM's were received by 8 a.m. this morning.

Appears all our Canadian SDC Members are going to "hang-tuff" in hopes of some day getting a copy of the October 2011 "special issue" of our fine TURNING WHEELSTURNING WHEELS

Comment

I guess we are all "eternal optimists" in Canada.

Comment

Hi Jim,
                              Postman Pat popped my Oct TW through the door today. So the UK is now quiet for the next few days.

The Canadians alway have to wait for Customs Approval, and once through that it has to go by Moose or Snapping Turtle their doors. I know, because I lived there and saw moose's and Turtles do this.....

Greg
                              Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                              1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                              1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                              1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                              1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                              1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                              1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Working...
                              X