Studebaker Commander?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Commander?

We spotted this beauty on the highway in Southern Alberta. Looked immaculate. Unfortunately I am still learning my models so I am not entirely sure what it is. Can anyone help?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00060-20111022-1557.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1734221

Thats a nice looking 53 or 54. Nice picture

Comment

Appears to have no license on it, maybe someone just bought it.
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Based on the separate trunk release and trunk handle, I'd say a '53. Can't see the trunk ornament or side well enough to see whether it's a Champion or a Commander.
        Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
        '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
        '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

That's Kevin fonseca from calgary a driving his 53 champion coupe. A beautiful car.
          Evan Davis
          Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Yeah, the '53 Commanders have the little "Commander" script to the right of the trunk handle. They also have an 8 in the center of that V, whereas a Champion would have an S there.

Interesting to see the single backup light option. Of course, I don't like those BU lites on the deck lids at all. Still nice to see one on the road!
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yup. I forgot about the Commander script on the trunk. I've never seen the single backup light option, but I guess you could order almost any variation you wanted if you knew the right people.
              Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
              '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
              '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
              '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Originally posted by fargoguy View Post
                That's Kevin fonseca from calgary a driving his 53 champion coupe. A beautiful car.
                Not no more, Evan!! She's found a new home!

Craig

Comment

Is it heading east or west ?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                    Is it heading east or west ?
                    East! But NOT quite as far as you probably hope. It's headed for Swift Current.

Craig
                    Last edited by 8E45E; 10-24-2011, 04:59 AM.

Comment

....as long as its getting closer<g>
                      sigpic

Comment

Swift Current??...that would mean the car has returned to it's home province where Peter first found it. Guess what goes around comes around...although the trunk handle still needs to get to Manitoba to get to it's home province as it used to belong on the trunk of my car. lol. Junior.
                        sigpic
                        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                          Swift Current??...that would mean the car has returned to it's home province where Peter first found it. Guess what goes around comes around...
                          ....and see if it remains Manchester Maroon; not the original Chadron Red.

Craig

Comment

When I opened this thread and saw the tiny picture (before clicking on it) I was sure it was going to be Junior's 54. But it wasn't!
                            Junior I am glad to see yours staying in Alberta. Would be nice to see it out here in B.C. for a visit though???
                            Good Roads
                            Brian
                            Brian Woods
                            woodysrods@shaw.ca
                            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                              When I opened this thread and saw the tiny picture (before clicking on it) I was sure it was going to be Junior's 54. But it wasn't!
                              Junior I am glad to see yours staying in Alberta. Would be nice to see it out here in B.C. for a visit though???
                              Good Roads
                              Brian
                              One can never tell when it will get out there the next time, maybe next year?...for sure when I retire as BC will most likely be my new base camp. Junior.
                              sigpic
                              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
                              X