Would like pic of another '60 lark - need help figuring out what goes here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like pic of another '60 lark - need help figuring out what goes here

I am updating this post because we're having a heck of a time finding a picture of what goes above the front windows on the car.... it's almost ready to start driving but I can't go anywhere in the rain with the big open spaces above those windows.... If anyone out there has a hardtop lark like mine, a pic would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!!!!

original post:
    ////////////////////////////////////////////

Good Morning!

We have a '60 lark hardtop that's getting put back together and we can't figure out "what goes here" (see pic). Ordered the rubber kit from Studebaker Intl. and found homes for all the parts but we have this gap over the front windows where I assume there was some sort of rubber or whiskers or something at some point to keep the wind out.

If you have a pic of a similar car, I would love to see this part up close. It would help us immensely!

Thanks in advance!

Jim and Michelle
    Last edited by michelle; 11-12-2011, 05:20 AM. Reason: still looking for this information
    '60 Lark Hardtop, Red Bluff, CA
    sigpic

That flap that the arrow points to - it's supposed to have a fuzzy strip (similar to what's along the lower edge of the side windows) crimped into it.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

check you invoice...

Part # 1331926 is a semi rigid seal that goes there..... Last I checked, this part was NLA but it shows up in the 'kit' They have.

Biggs, I think the thing you are thinking about is for other models C/K and 58 2 dr Hardtops.... This Lark should have rubber there, not fuzzy stuff. I'd like a picture of the 'flipper type' , see my 1958 'flipper' post in technical.
      Last edited by (S); 10-22-2011, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
        Part # 1331926 is a semi rigid seal that goes there..... Last I checked, this part was NLA but it shows up in the 'kit' They have.

Biggs, I think the thing you are thinking about is for other models C/K and 58 2 dr Hardtops.... This Lark should have rubber there, not fuzzy stuff. I'd like a picture of the 'flipper type' , see my 1958 'flipper' post in technical.
        Thanks guys! I just looked at the invoice, don't see that part number listed and a search for it on Studebaker Intl. turns up no results.
        '60 Lark Hardtop, Red Bluff, CA
        sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=(S);586087]Part # 1331926 is a semi rigid seal that goes there..... Last I checked, this part was NLA but it shows up in the 'kit' They have.

FWIW- The reproduction above door seals for the hardtops are NLA (no longer available) from any STUDE. vendor. SI did have NOS of the one side available in South Bend at the May Swap Meet. I picked up one for a buddy then (can't remember if it was the right or left side, old timers desease is setting in). And I placed a wanted ad here on the forum and found a NOS opposite side for him.
          JS
          I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Working...
          X