Rust penetrant. The Best!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Rust penetrant. The Best!

This is probably common knowledge here, but it was news to me and I want to pass it on.

The absolute best rust penetrant is a home made brew. 50-50. ATF. and Acetone. Works like a charm. Far better than any commercial brand and far less cost.

Tim.

I'v tried it. I like it. Only thing, I can't figure out how to get it in a spray can.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Been discussed here before but it's been a few months. Previous threads seem to agree. Determine how to blend, package and market, then buy a house in the islands with a thirty car garage.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I have used it a while, and I agree. Neil I use a plastic spay bottle. Just can't leave it in the sun. Ask
        me how I know. LOL

Comment

Yessir... A good solution oft discussed... Worthy of an occaisional bump, or thread refresher....

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Good to know, and to keep in mind.

To hijack this one just a little: has anyone here ever heard of using tincture of iodine to free stuck engines? A friend of mine swears by it, and he has been in the old-car game for many years. I guess the place to get it is a farm/ranch store that sells veterinary medications; they will have it in large bottles, not the dinky little ones in your local pharmacy.
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by gordr View Post
              To hijack this one just a little: has anyone here ever heard of using tincture of iodine to free stuck engines? A friend of mine swears by it, and he has been in the old-car game for many years. I guess the place to get it is a farm/ranch store that sells veterinary medications; they will have it in large bottles, not the dinky little ones in your local pharmacy.
              Yup, right next to the teat dip.
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                >>>I can't figure out how to get it in a spray can.
                Here you go; http://tinyurl.com/3b6aahm

I've been using these since the 70's ...works great especially for the larger jobs.

Comment

Working...
                X