Selling Studebaker siutable set of Torque Thrusts and Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Studebaker siutable set of Torque Thrusts and Tires

The previous owner of the '64 Avanti I bought last year had put American Racing Torque Thrust wheels and new tires on the car. I was torn between keeping them or making it look more original. Two things swayed me to do the latter. First, the Torque Thrusts and blackwall tires made it look too modern. Second, the 225x60x16 tires were about one inch shorter in height than the original size tires which made the car sit too low and it made the speedometer read high which in turn made highway driving uncomfortable with the high revs necessary to maintain normal speeds with the Powershift and 3.54 rear.
    So, I want to sell the set of four wheels and the four nearly new radial tires on them. They did fit on the Avanti over Turner brakes with no problems even though they are 16 x 7 wheels. I even tried one on the back of the '53 I was prepping to sell and it fit OK on that. I can't speak for the front though as I didn't try them there. Both the wheels and tires are just over two years old and have been driven less than 1,000 miles. The tires (from the sidewall) are KENETICA KENDA RADIALs, size 225x60x16 (I have never heard of them- know nothing about them). The date code on the tires is 1608. Tread wear rating is 360, Traction is A and temperature is B. The wheels are as new, are balanced with adhesive weight on the inside of the rims.
    I am firm on a price of $600 for the set. New Torque Thrusts alone cost well over that. They could be picked up at my place about 70 miles from DC or Baltimore or I can deliver to Reedsville and maybe York.
    The thumbnails below show the wheel and tire, how they looked on the Avanti and how it looks now with original appearing wheels and tires.
    Attached Files
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Last chance for possible free delivery to Reedsville. BTW, chrome lug nuts are included.

Originally posted by 53k View Post
    The previous owner of the '64 Avanti I bought last year had put American Racing Torque Thrust wheels and new tires on the car. I was torn between keeping them or making it look more original. Two things swayed me to do the latter. First, the Torque Thrusts and blackwall tires made it look too modern. Second, the 225x60x16 tires were about one inch shorter in height than the original size tires which made the car sit too low and it made the speedometer read high which in turn made highway driving uncomfortable with the high revs necessary to maintain normal speeds with the Powershift and 3.54 rear.
    So, I want to sell the set of four wheels and the four nearly new radial tires on them. They did fit on the Avanti over Turner brakes with no problems even though they are 16 x 7 wheels. I even tried one on the back of the '53 I was prepping to sell and it fit OK on that. I can't speak for the front though as I didn't try them there. Both the wheels and tires are just over two years old and have been driven less than 1,000 miles. The tires (from the sidewall) are KENETICA KENDA RADIALs, size 225x60x16 (I have never heard of them- know nothing about them). The date code on the tires is 1608. Tread wear rating is 360, Traction is A and temperature is B. The wheels are as new, are balanced with adhesive weight on the inside of the rims.
    I am firm on a price of $600 for the set. New Torque Thrusts alone cost well over that. They could be picked up at my place about 70 miles from DC or Baltimore or I can deliver to Reedsville and maybe York.
    The thumbnails below show the wheel and tire, how they looked on the Avanti and how it looks now with original appearing wheels and tires.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Which bolt pattern are those? 5 on 5, or 5 on 4.5? I really like 'em, but don't have the scratch right now, nor do I have a running car to be able to put them on.

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkman View Post
        Which bolt pattern are those? 5 on 5, or 5 on 4.5? I really like 'em, but don't have the scratch right now, nor do I have a running car to be able to put them on.
        Standard Studebaker 5 on 4.5. I know all about being scratch less.

Comment

It looks like I may have to break open my piggy bank!!
          Jamie McLeod
          Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
          1958 Commander "Christine"
          1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
          1955 Commander Sedan
          1964 Champ
          1960 Lark

Comment

Private message.
            sigpic
            '89 Ford Festiva