AM -FM Radio for 66 Stude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM -FM Radio for 66 Stude

I have a fellow SDC member that has a AM FM radio for a 66 Stude what's a fair price to pay ? as I write this I think it works but I havn't tested it .
    Joseph Kastellec

probably the best bet for him is to put it on ebay , the price of these things seem to be from a few hundred to up over a grand but I suppose it depends on what day of the week it is. Ya just never know.
    Wish I could afford it I have the car to put it in .
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by G T Joe View Post
      I have a fellow SDC member that has a AM FM radio for a 66 Stude what's a fair price to pay ? as I write this I think it works but I haven't tested it .
      The '66 radio has black knobs and buttons which may detract from its value a little if you want to use it in a '64 and you are concerned about authenticity. However, what 2R5 says is true. I sold a NOS '64 Avanti radio 10 or so years ago for $600- no telling what it would bring now. Even if it non-working it is still valuable.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

The best way to answer your question is to have the owner to name a price. If it is acceptable to you...then both should be happy. Whether he asks $10 or $1000...if two adults agree on the price...that is what it should be.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

The last AM/FM on EBAY was bid up to $330.00 and did not make reserve.

Comment

The last one of these that I sold was wrapped in a 1965 Wagonaire that I sold for $100.
            As was said, the price is what you two decide is good for both of you.
            I think that a 1966 is a little less desirable than a 1964. The price also depends on condition, both appearance and function.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              I think that a 1966 is a little less desirable than a 1964.
              I believe you mean a 1966 radio is in less demand than a 1964, as opposed to "desirable". A 1964-style AM/FM radio is good for two and a half model years versus half a model year for a black button/knob 1966 radio. There is far more 'demand' for a 1964 radio as they fit far more models and way more cars produced where they're authentic. An AM/FM radio, period, is more "desirable" over an AM radio.

Craig

Comment

I think the original poster wanted to buy it, not sell it for him.

Here's what this guy thinks his is worth in the U.K.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STUDEBAKER-1...90459385854099
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Well, I bought 2 of them 2 years ago at the May swap meet in So. Bend, I paid less than $300 for both of them, and then spent $200 each to have them serviced. One is in my Avanti, i also had an Ipod jack put in each one. So, That ARE out there to be had!!

Jim
                  "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                  their Memorials!

Comment

Does one really care as to '66 v '64? You can easily change the knobs & pushbuttons. It's still an AC 3500. If you need a professional job done call Ron's Radio Service in Dallas ,PA. He's reasonable & honest. PM me or see his ad in Hemmings.Rob

Comment

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the mid-80s, I scavenged one from a wrecking yard (non-working) and sold it to a well-known vendor for $125.00. At the next meet we had, the vendor sold it to an Avanti owner for $400. To be fair, I'd only paid $9.95 for it outta the wrecking yard. I've heard of them selling for considerably less than $400, and for MORE than $400 in recent years.
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                        I believe you mean a 1966 radio is in less demand than a 1964, as opposed to "desirable". A 1964-style AM/FM radio is good for two and a half model years versus half a model year for a black button/knob 1966 radio. There is far more 'demand' for a 1964 radio as they fit far more models and way more cars produced where they're authentic. An AM/FM radio, period, is more "desirable" over an AM radio.

Craig
                        Yes, that is what I was trying to say.
                        The 1965 Wagonaire with AM/FM for $100, I passed on to a "Friend" and fellow HVC member. He has never even said "thank you". I have not thought of him for any more deals or giveaways.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Gee Gary , I sure would of said thanks , maybe twice ! <G>
                          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                            Gee Gary , I sure would of said thanks , maybe twice ! <G>
                            I know that you would. Our larger transaction went smoothly.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                            X