Chrome Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Mirrors

I need outside mirrors for my 1950 Champiom. The last time I checked, they were $75 each in the Studebaker International Catalogue. Can someone suggest a place with good quality mirrors for less money?
    Thank you to anyone who can help me.
    Jim
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

try these guys

How to Make a Website with free web hosting services & cheap web hosting for ecommerce & small business hosting. Create & Make a Free Website with Affordable web hosting provider free website promotion tools & web stats. Free Website Builder, Templates, & Best Free Web Hosting. How to Create a Website

Comment

Try these Jimmie, these are the very best quality and price I have ever seen, the only issue may be the mid to late 1950's style, since you have a '50. These are exact copies of a 1957 Chevy./GM factory mirror that works well on many cars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...X%3AIT&vxp=mtr
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have 2 AC-2340 mirrors that are about 99% new! I know these are for 53-55, but if you can use them...how about $100 and shipping? Let's talk.
        Carey
        Packard Hawk

Comment

Strato-Vue mirrors from Studebaker International

Has anyone purchased the Strato-Vue 1962-1966 Lark type (also used on Hawks and Avantis) reproduction mirrors from Studebaker International? At $75 each I would hope they are top quality but I have heard they are hard to adjust and may not hold their adjustment. Any happy (or unhappy) purchasers out there? Also, is the right side that SI lists correct with the convex glass or would both have been the same back in 1964 with standard mirror glass? (I want to put these on a 1964 Wagonaire -- only have left side currently but would add to right side mirror after painting.)
          Bill Jackameit
          1964 Challenger Wagonaire
          1964 Daytona Sedan
          Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
          Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
          https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bjackameit View Post
            Has anyone purchased the Strato-Vue 1962-1966 Lark type (also used on Hawks and Avantis) reproduction mirrors from Studebaker International? At $75 each I would hope they are top quality but I have heard they are hard to adjust and may not hold their adjustment. Any happy (or unhappy) purchasers out there?
            I have had one of these mirrors on my '65 Cruiser since her last repaint. That was 8+ years ago. It started pitting in about two years, and some of the chrome started to discolor after about the third year. Keep in mind that my car is a driver, and that most of those years I was stationed in San Diego- so the car did get a bit of exposure to moisture and salt air.

On the 'plus' side~ I have never had any issues with adjustment...
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Bill, I bought a right side curved mirror Strato-Vue for my 64 Hawk from SI. Place your order this afternoon. They're fine quality mirrors. They didn't use curved mirrors on the right side back then, in fact most cars didn't even have right side mirrors, but they'll improve your vision somewhat. Just remember you can't mount them on the right in exactly the same location as on the left. You need to sit in the driver's seat, have an assistant holding the mirror and moving it until you see the best. Its not like modern right side mirrors that actually are built with different mounting angles, but they'll allow you to back out of the garage without scraping up the side of the car. Dan

Comment

Strato-Vue Mirror

Originally posted by ivorydan View Post
                Bill, I bought a right side curved mirror Strato-Vue for my 64 Hawk from SI. Place your order this afternoon. They're fine quality mirrors. They didn't use curved mirrors on the right side back then, in fact most cars didn't even have right side mirrors, but they'll improve your vision somewhat. Just remember you can't mount them on the right in exactly the same location as on the left. You need to sit in the driver's seat, have an assistant holding the mirror and moving it until you see the best. Its not like modern right side mirrors that actually are built with different mounting angles, but they'll allow you to back out of the garage without scraping up the side of the car. Dan
                Thanks for the great input. Glad to hear about the quality. I want the right side mirror mainly for appearence not function so I will likely order a "standard" one for both sides and locate the right side same as on the left side understanding that it (the right side) may not be functional in that location (which is in a good location for function on the driver side). Since the car is being painted soon my intention is to predrill the holes on the right side to match the existing holes on the left side before painting so that the holes are there already rather than drilling after painting -- my original Stato-Vue will serve as a template. Bill J.
                Bill Jackameit
                1964 Challenger Wagonaire
                1964 Daytona Sedan
                Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
                Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
                https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

I purchased a pair for my '66 Cruiser. They are good quality and adjust very well if positioned properly. Unfortunately for me my body shop placed them before I had a chance to check them out and the right side does not quite align with passing traffic. My fault. What was not my fault was when I ordered them from SI you could have the right side provided with a different image than the left and they shipped them out the same. Ed, said I could have sent it back but, too late it was installed and the right side now is mostly for show. I still have no problem with quality or the ability to adjust.
                  sigpic
                  55 President Deluxe
                  64 Commander
                  66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Working...
                  X