No announcement yet.

C/K order of Climatizer assembly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: C/K order of Climatizer assembly.

Heads up C/K owners, if you happen to remove the ‘tube’ (what Studebaker calls the metal pipe that connects the heater core box to the flexible hose for the Climatizer) make sure you install it BEFORE you replace the transmission cross member, at least that’s what I learned today. Unless someone else has discovered how to install the tube with the ‘bat wing’ /transmission /exhaust system already installed, there is absolutely no way I can get mine installed. Kinda bummed me out, because I sandblasted and painted mine, and now I’m not going to use it… I will just run flex hose all the way from the blower housing. I could remove the trans. cross member, or the bat wing, and the passenger exhaust pipe, but don’t want to go to the effort, after all the car is a modified one, so the stock tube does not have to be replaced. What I thought was going to be a 20 min. job turned into a 40 minute exercise in using four letter words in various creative combinations and mucho scratches on my beautifully restored tube. Regards, Junior.
    Last edited by junior; 10-16-2011, 08:04 AM.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Junior, thank you for that "heads-up" about the correct re-installation sequence for an original ONE piece factory assembly line version. Hopefully, it will help others avoid those same pitfalls in the future.

FWIW: All the Climatizer Kits Studebaker designed for "field installation" in C/K models that I've seen have the TWO piece Heatercore Housing & Heatercore Tube Duct fit-together design. One pieces being the Heatercore Housing Asm. (p/n 524853) and the other the Heatercore Housing Tube Duct (p/n 533981). After getting both pieces in place, a hole is drilled and the two pieces are joined together with sheet metal screw.

Comment

Mine was 2-piece,but they were spot welded together. I had to separate the tube from the housing to install it over the crossmember.
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
      X