Drag Race Challenge @ SB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Race Challenge @ SB

I'll be at the SB meet with my old trusty 54 Champion......I'd sure like to have one of my 289 V8 4bbl cars ready for the drag race but it looks like the only car that will be remotely roadworthy is [once again]my 54.

Anyways, for fun, who has another champion six that will race against me and my 54 champion six? Matthew? [}]

Kent

Kent; you're on!!! [8D][8D]

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Kent; you're on!!! [8D][8D]

Matthew Burnette
      '59 Scotsman
      '63 Daytona
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I am sure Dick Steinkamp would race you with his '54 Starliner, only thing is, they would have to stage you 10 feet from the finish line or to leave 10 minutes early for you to have a chance!

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I am sure Dick Steinkamp would race you with his '54 Starliner, only thing is, they would have to stage you 10 feet from the finish line or to leave 10 minutes early for you to have a chance!

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I am bringing a set of stock tires & wheels for the Twin. Can I play tooo....

63 Twin Supercharged Avanti
            64 Avanti R3w/NOS
            88LSC Avanti 350 Supercharged w/NOS

Comment

I am bringing a set of stock tires & wheels for the Twin. Can I play tooo....

63 Twin Supercharged Avanti
              64 Avanti R3w/NOS
              88LSC Avanti 350 Supercharged w/NOS

Comment

Karl!! Be nice![)] Maybe if you disconnected both superchargers and a
                few spark plug wires.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Karl!! Be nice![)] Maybe if you disconnected both superchargers and a
                  few spark plug wires.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                  '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                  Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                  http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                  I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Call this the Sundial Challenge<G>
                    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Your statement reminded me of this cartoon that appeared in the September 1954 issue of HOT ROD:

quote:Originally posted by bob40

Comment

Your statement reminded me of this cartoon that appeared in the September 1954 issue of HOT ROD:

quote:Originally posted by bob40

Comment

Kent...I've got that new driver's door for your '54. Almost the same color. Maybe we can switch it out in the parking lot .

I MIGHT take on Kent Friday afternoon, but I sure as heck am not getting near Karl's Twin. I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid .

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Kent...I've got that new driver's door for your '54. Almost the same color. Maybe we can switch it out in the parking lot .

I MIGHT take on Kent Friday afternoon, but I sure as heck am not getting near Karl's Twin. I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid .

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X