1953 Studebaker Interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Studebaker Interior

I am looking for a reputable, decent quality not to expensive person to reupholster my studebaker interior seats only (no headliner or side panels needed). Prefer vinyl pleated seat covers similar to original style. I can install using hog rings etc.. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

It would help greatly if you let us know where you call home. I know a great upholstry guy in Iowa.

Comment

JDP here on the forum. I am extremely pleased with the quality and look of on our 53. And the price is very reasonable too. I'm sure a few others here will agree.
      sigpic

Comment

Can you post JDP's contact info?
        1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
        1995 Dodge/Cummins Pickup, 250 HP, 620 Ft. Lbs. of Torque, ATS trans.
        Robert Rausch

Comment

There is also Jim Lawrence @ FBN Upholstery he's in West Virginia.

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by rrausch View Post
            You can get contact information on any forum member simply by clicking on their screen name. Search for forum members by opening the "Community" tab at the top of any page; drop down to "Member List".
            Search by screen name; use "Advanced Search" to search by real name, location, occupation, etc. Open their profile and you can send emails or private messages.
            Nice to have tools; rewarding to know how to use them.
            Last edited by rockne10; 10-13-2011, 07:15 PM.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Got my seat covers from JDP. All comments have been very favorable.
              1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

DO NOT get interior form AUTOMOTIVE INTERIOR out of Mass. what they sent me wasn't good poor workmanship money down the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by rrausch View Post
                  I don't know how to link to a forum members profile on here but do a profile search for JDP. Here's a link to his website. I will try and get a photo of our seats in the next day or so. I think we got well worth our money and then some. Workmanship and material. I wouldn't hesitate to order again or to recommend anyone.
                  sigpic

Comment

here ya go!

Brad Johnson,
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Any other ideas of good upholsterers? I'm in eastern West Va.

Comment

Originally posted by cobraman428 View Post
                        ...reputable, decent quality not too expensive... interior seats only... similar to original style. I can install...
                        Brad Johnson,
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If you were near South Bend I would suggest Barry's seat covers. They aren't exactly dirt cheap, but they do show quality work. I don't know if Will would have any NOS stuff for a '53 or not.
                          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Anyone have a number or e-mail for Rene Harger? or Barry's seat covers?

Comment

Barrys Seat Cover Auto Body and Glass
                              1924 S. Michigan St. South Bend. (574)-288-4603
                              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                              X