No announcement yet.

Ignition cable set question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Ignition cable set question.

Hello-

I need to replace the ignition cable set on my 1955 Studebaker Commander - 259 V8.
    The last set I purchased was from Studebaker International.

I looked on the Napa home page,and although they do have distributors, rotors and such, for some reason they don't show any ignition cable sets for my car.
    I plan to call them in the morning.

What is the best quality/ performance ignition cable set out there?

Thanks-

55CMNDR

NAPA has a universal set available with extra long leads. You have to crimp on the distributor terminals once you determine the proper lead length. I've used them and they work fine. Bud

Comment

As an added note, Pertronix also makes a universal wire set that looks like the original leads, but has a low resistance metallic core. They will also need to be terminated on the distributor end. Bud

Comment

My answer to your question is Scott Performance Wires. They do not sell direct/retail, but have supplied some Studebaker vendors.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I think you avoid a ton of problems if you go with 8mm wires. I found the difference very noticable IMHO
          Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

Are you just looking for a set of good quality made in USA wires with a lifetime warranty that fit the Stude V-8 well and are reasonably priced? Go to your local parts store and ask for MAGSTAR Gold Professional Spark Plug Wire Set #12-8202 (Big Block Chevy). $19 last time I bought another set, and am quite pleased with them on the Cruiser and Hawk.
            Dean

CLEM

Comment

Working...
            X