shock absorbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shock absorbers

Hello everybidy, thanks to all of you who help me to put together the things and have my car running every day. THANK YOU
    I have a question: my 55 commander coupe needs shock absorbers to replace, I read in 1955 studebaker shop manual it says that studebaker use Houde and monroe shocks, in Studebaker International's catalog, it says that studebaker use Gabriel shocks, I dont care about the brand name, but the tech specifications different, Monroe has more travel lenght than Gabriel, so which one is correct for 1955 studebaker commander C body??
    Thank you very much, and have a nice day...

Just buy the ones in the SI catalog; they'll be the proper configuration, length, etc. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I concur with Bob, but.....don't throw away ANY old mounting hardware. I didn't realize those rusty tubes, etc wouldn't be replaced, and had a difficult time scrounging what I needed.

Comment

We just bought a set from Autozone for the front of Bobbys 1955 President State Sedan.

Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        The Prez 1955 President State
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
        Fresno,Ca

Comment

Same here. $84 for all 4 shocks delivered to my door. My 53 Commander used Gabriel 82026 for the front and 82060 for the rear. Like was mentioned, some of the hardware will have to be re-used.
          Rob in ND
          \'53 Commander resto-mod (work in process)

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
              X