Goodbye, '40 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye, '40 Champion

transporter picked it up this morning - on its way to plum city, wisconsin. now "the loss" is sinking in. bummer...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0701.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1734172Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0700.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1734173Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0702.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1734174
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Sorry about that. I don't know what is worse...buyer's remorse, or seller's remorse.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
      transporter picked it up this morning - on its way to plum city, wisconsin. now "the loss" is sinking in. bummer...
      I've always been lucky, in that, the ones I've sold have gone to finance the next project so the remorse was overshadowed by anticipation of the next arrival.

I know from your posts that this in not the case with your recent sale. So let me hope you can take solice in the new owner seems to want to lavish care on the 40 by the quality of the transportation they chose. And hopefully you will be in a position to get another in the future.

As you said though, BUMMER!! Best wishes.

Bob

Comment

the '40 is going to be in very good hands. the gentleman that purchased it plans to have it as sort of a "rolling memorial" to those that served in WWII.

here's a little excerpt of a mail he sent to the Wisconsin DMV that he forwarded to me:

"I bought the car on eBay and it's original owner bought the car in 1940, went to World War 2, and never came home. I hope to have Wisconsin WW2KIA plates on the car when it goes to Fort Snelling National Cemetery on Veteran's Day, 11-11-11."

Very cool!!!

i'm not going anywhere, and hope to be back on my feet (physically & financially) in a few months. i've already got my eye on a bullet nose for sale here in wilmington.

Comment

I'm glad the car will be in good hands. I still hope to see it in person one day.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
            I've always been lucky, in that, the ones I've sold have gone to finance the next project so the remorse was overshadowed by anticipation of the next arrival.

Bob
            That's how I justified selling my '58 Commander. I waited around until I found just the right car, in which case I did. Seems it's easy to let one go if it'll lead to having one that you want even more. And I refuse to have a "collection".

Comment

Hey ; Fort Snelling is just minutes from me . . If you mistakenly left your wallet or anything of value in it let me know . And i`ll get it for you . . . . wink wink................

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                That's how I justified selling my '58 Commander. I waited around until I found just the right car, in which case I did. Seems it's easy to let one go if it'll lead to having one that you want even more. And I refuse to have a "collection".
                What is wrong with a "Collection"?
                Good roads
                Brian
                Brian Woods
                woodysrods@shaw.ca
                1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                  What is wrong with a "Collection"?
                  Good roads
                  Brian
                  Nothing at all if you're able to pull it off. I just prefer to keep things simple.

Comment

You have to have a place to put a collection.
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                      I'm glad the car will be in good hands. I still hope to see it in person one day.
                      and i hope to see "eli" some day. i'm hoping all will be well and i can make the pilgrimage to South Bend next year for the International.

Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
                      Hey ; Fort Snelling is just minutes from me . . If you mistakenly left your wallet or anything of value in it let me know . And i`ll get it for you . . . . wink wink................
                      well, there are 2 black fender skirts in the trunk and an primered outside sun visor sitting on the rear floor. don't know if he's going to do anything with them - perhaps you could pick them up for your Stude - the sunvisor is adjustable...
                      he offered to pick me up at the airport in minneapolis to go with him to Fort Snelling on Veterans Day. wish i was able to...

BTW - i did give him all the information to join the SDC, and join us on the forum. hope he does. he also said he'd send me a lot of pics...

Comment

Working...
                      X