Looking for a Bell Housing, Flywheel and Starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Looking for a Bell Housing, Flywheel and Starter

A bell housing from 1958 - 1964 Studebaker's used with either the 3 speed or 4 speed manual transmissions that bolted up to the 259 or 289 V8 Engines. If anyone has one that they are selling or knows someone or where to get one from. Let me know. I don't need the whole transmission, just the bell housing.

I also need a flywheel for a manual from the same years as well as a 12 Volt starter.

Thanks.
    sigpic
    51 Studebaker Commander Land Cruiser

I think I have what you need, the bell housing, transmission and flywheel. Its about 25 miles away at my daughter's home, let me make sure its al there. Also, you're in luck... I live in Alexandria the parts are just north of Boyce. Email me.
    Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

Comment

You will also need the longer crankshaft/flywheel bolts if you are going from a/t to manual, and installing a flywheel.
      And an oil pan gasket set, and a rear main seal, because you have to pull the rear main cap to slide the old bolts out and install the new bolts.
      And you might as well toss main and rod bearings at it while the pan is off...
      Just sayin'........
      Jeff
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I have a recently rebuilt starter for a 1962 Lark with a 259 and 3spd/OD and a bell from an older V8, it has the roughly 'square' tranny bolt pattern. If interested, PM me.
        --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I do not think a 4-speed bell will fit with a T86, but could be mistaken.

Comment

I think i have one in a 63 hawk. It had a 3 speed on the colum

Comment

Joe, some 4 speed bells have the same bolt pattern as the three speeds. Later cars that had a Chevrolet style pattern are definitely a different pattern. More common to find the early bolt pattern, same as Ford transmissions in those years through to the 70's.

Comment

IIRC, all the '57-64 three and four speed car V8 bellhousings are the same Ford bolt pattern; the sole exception being the uncommon '61-early '62 four speed having the Chevy bolt pattern.

jack vines
                PackardV8

Comment

Are the bearing retainer ODs different between the T86, T85, and T10?
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

They should be all 4.680"

Comment

Originally posted by mjeansonne View Post
                      I think I have what you need, the bell housing, transmission and flywheel. Its about 25 miles away at my daughter's home, let me make sure its al there. Also, you're in luck... I live in Alexandria the parts are just north of Boyce. Email me.
                      I sent you a message because I couldn't find your Email address anywhere.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by royvaldez View Post
                        I think i have one in a 63 hawk. It had a 3 speed on the colum
                        Okay, thanks. By the way, were you able to get a hold of that lower driver's side back door hinge for my 51 Champion? Sorry for asking an off topic question.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                          You will also need the longer crankshaft/flywheel bolts if you are going from a/t to manual, and installing a flywheel.
                          And an oil pan gasket set, and a rear main seal, because you have to pull the rear main cap to slide the old bolts out and install the new bolts.
                          And you might as well toss main and rod bearings at it while the pan is off...
                          Just sayin'........
                          Jeff
                          Okay I just added that to my "Need to get" list. If I have to go through that. It makes sense to replace main and rod bearings as well.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mjeansonne View Post
                            I am interested. I just can't find your email address.
                            sigpic

Comment

mjeansonne@suddenlink.net
                              Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

Comment

Working...
                              X