door gaps 56 wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door gaps 56 wagon

The body work on my 56 wagon is under way. NOS doors and NOS front fenders. All body lines are lined up. The question is what kind of door gaps should be expected? I guess that might be a trick question. Let me say it this way. My door gaps on both doors front and back are equal. The body man says the are a little wide, wants to fill in and make skinner. I say as long as they are all equal they are good to go.(I believe to many people looking for the 2008 fit) This car was never wrecked,I replaced all the floors and for door gaps to equal on both sides front and back the gaps tells me they are correct.Any idea's Thanks

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

My advice,leave it alone sounds like your door gaps are allready better than the factory ones were most of the time. You are not going to achieve the kind of door gaps a Lexus has unless you are willing to pay for a lot of extra shop labor. Exception would be if you are building a hotrod to compete on a national show level.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Agreed....unless you are building a show car...

BUT.....

You don't say "what" equal is!!!

If equal is 1/8th or 3/16s even, that's fine.
      But if it's .030" or the other end and .500"....then yes fix it.

Mike

Comment

3/16"-1/4" gap all around. And NO this will never be a national show car. It will be a very nice driver that will be driven daily.

Comment

The car is on level ground (wheels). All new nos doors and screws. I don't need to move the doors as they are centered. It was just the gap all around that I was asking about. I think I am within spec's from what everyone says. Thanks to all.

Comment

Working...
          X