Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker Hawk on Hunnert Car Pileup Homepage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Hawk on Hunnert Car Pileup Homepage!

Woo-hoo; cool beans.

This event is becoming a Very Big Deal. If we didn't have family plans well in place for this Saturday, I'd be there in a heartbeat. (Hmmm, maybe I should choose another phrase...)

Anyway, a cool straight-axle gasser Hawk is the masthead banner for this year's event:

Edit: It seems that the '61 Hawk gasser is in rotation with other photos on the masthead.

Each time I've clicked on the home page through the above link, one of maybe six or seven photos shows up, one of which is the Hawk. When I clicked on Pictures along the right-side menu, the Hawk again showed up on the opening page.

So it's in there somewhere at any given time! BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 10-03-2011, 05:20 PM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

If that is the 'Suicide King' Hawk, it has had an interesting rollout...
    They staged a wheelie burnout for the video camera's and the removeable steering wheel removed itself at the most embarrasing moment.
    The car ran right and hit a concrete culvert, tearing the tube axle out from underneath the car...
    As an unrelated side note, I invited Matthew to do his stainless stuff at the last hunnert car pileup in Gainesville, FL a few years ago.
    He declined, saying he wanted to stick to Stude's...
    Fun group.....
    Jeff (a HAMB Alliance member)

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Woo-hoo; cool beans.

This event is becoming a Very Big Deal. If we didn't have family plans well in place for this Saturday, I'd be there in a heartbeat. (Hmmm, maybe I should choose another phrase...)

Anyway, a cool straight-axle gasser Hawk is the masthead banner for this year's event:

Edit: It seems that the '61 Hawk gasser is in rotation with other photos on the masthead.

Each time I've clicked on the home page through the above link, one of maybe six or seven photos shows up, one of which is the Hawk. When I clicked on Pictures along the right-side menu, the Hawk again showed up on the opening page.

So it's in there somewhere at any given time! BP
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
      If that is the 'Suicide King' Hawk, it has had an interesting rollout...
      They staged a wheelie burnout for the video camera's and the removeable steering wheel removed itself at the most embarrasing moment.
      The car ran right and hit a concrete culvert, tearing the tube axle out from underneath the car...
      Fun group.....
      Jeff (a HAMB Alliance member)
      Yes, Jeff; I believe it is that car. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hey Bob
        Friends of mine are going and asked if I wanted to tag along this year beings I ribbed them hard about leaving me behind last year. BUT had to decline, I'm hosting our annual Fall Tour for the Iowa Hawkeye Club which will be as much fun.
        Tom
        sigpic

Comment

I'll be there in the Blinged out white Lark, come by and say hi! I may be sleeping in the trunk during the show like I did last year.
          http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
            As an unrelated side note, I invited Matthew to do his stainless stuff at the last hunnert car pileup in Gainesville, FL a few years ago.
            He declined, saying he wanted to stick to Stude's...
            Since then my comfort zone has grown and I've done quite a few non-Stude jobs. (Street rodders - not CASO's).

My '57 wagon will fit in quite nicely after I get it here and do the things it "needs". It'll be fun venturing into new territory.
            Last edited by mbstude; 10-03-2011, 10:21 PM.

Comment

the hunnertcarpileup was never in georgia. it has always been in illinois. this is the last year for the HCPU.
              61 lark cruiser
              64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by studerodder View Post
                the hunnertcarpileup was never in georgia. it has always been in illinois. this is the last year for the HCPU.
                Why is this the event's last year? Has it just gotten too big?
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                  Why is this the event's last year? Has it just gotten too big?
                  Good question, Joe. I hope someone answers it...after all, it's on my bucket list, so I hope it doesn't kick the bucket before I do! <GGG> BP

Comment

Well, it was the Florida equivelant... I think it was the no-billet something...
                    It was a HAMB group event...

Originally posted by studerodder View Post
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Here is the car. Dusty
                      Attached Files

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Too big, too much hassle, time consuming, and lots of other reasons.

I'm friends with the Chrome Czars that put on the show and its just gotten to the point where they are putting way to much time and effort into the show and without a full time promoter its become too mch to handle.

Sorry to see it go as it has become the place to be for a traditional rodder, but I fully understand why they are putting it to rest.
                        http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for the report, Jay. Certainly understandable, albeit sad. Hopefully, the Chrome Czars fellows will still be talking to each other when it closes. Please thank them on our behalf for a great show I, for one, wish I could attend. BP

Comment

Originally posted by Da Tinman View Post
                            Too big, too much hassle, time consuming, and lots of other reasons.

I'm friends with the Chrome Czars that put on the show and its just gotten to the point where they are putting way to much time and effort into the show and without a full time promoter its become too mch to handle.

Sorry to see it go as it has become the place to be for a traditional rodder, but I fully understand why they are putting it to rest.
                            Thanks for the explanation. Events like that are a big undertaking, and to do them year after year makes things harder and harder. This is especially true for events that are immensly successful.
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

The Chrome Czars aren't done yet. their new event, hunnertcarheadsup, runs next may at union grove dragstrip for the third time. vintage cars drag racing. it just gets cooler.
                              61 lark cruiser
                              64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Working...
                              X