Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A geat Studebaker day - Awakened from a 50 year sleep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A geat Studebaker day - Awakened from a 50 year sleep.

With new plugs, points and a coil wire it started right up.

sigpic

Excellent!! Let me be the first to congratulate you!

Comment

That is way cool!
      Dave Nevin
      Corvallis, OR
      1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
      Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Amazing & in such great condition too! Go through the brakes to make sure its safe to drive & DRIVE! I love its looks just as it is!
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Excellent!!!
          Another Stude hits the road.

Comment

I love it ! I once owned one very similar. First make it run, then make it stop. Everything else is just details.
            Neil Thornton

Comment

Good stuff, such excitement to hear an engine come to life after sooo long. Makes ya sometimes have to change your drawers from the exileration. If ya haven't, I'd flush the crankcase thouroghly. I've used diesell and atf combo(bout 3 gallons) . Remove plugs turn engine over enough revs to circulate . Let set overnight, so's to drain accumulation in the sump and pickup screen. Drain and fill with fresh oil, trun over to completely circualte and drain and install new oil. Or, remove oil pan and clean 60 plus years of sludge accumlation.
              KIm

Comment

I was typing and throwing out pages like a Stephen Cannell script credit, working up an "O what a feeling" evocation.
                But, Makes ya sometimes have to change your drawers from the exileration.?

I'm not competing with that. Res ipsa loquitur.

Comment

My Dad had a 40 Commander State, nice ride. Thanks for bringing life back to that old gal. Thas center "S" bar was done in SS and die cast metal. The hash marks were high lighted in red. Richard Quinn may still have reproduction hub caps for it. Save one of the old caps, remove the chrome skin, paint the metal black and snap it on the spare.

Comment

Beautiful ride, I hope mine fires that easily this week.
                    Best wishes on gettin her road worthy.

Comment

cool deal!!!

regarding the red trim paint: a previous thread advised that rustoleum "gloss protective enamel" #7765 regal red, is the correct color. i picked up some at lowes and touched up a chip on my 40's "S", the color match was perfect.
                      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Outstanding!

Comment

Congratulations! Nice car. You will enjoy driving it. They are a great cruiser.
                          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Thanks all. It's good to be among others who understand the feeling one gets when they hear the sound of an engine firing and running under it's own power for the first time in fifty years. I know that I am not alone when I imagine mechanical things have feelings and are excited to be at w0ork again. So for a few moments of fantasy I could make believe the pistons were proudly taking their turns as the crank happily turned...... and I come back down to earth. It was a great moment.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X