58 Fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Fenders

I've located a pair of NOS fenders for 58 wagon. Vendor says they aren't a matched pair. Wagon is a Scotsman. What is the difference between Scotsman fender and Commander/ President fender other than the side vent and dual headlight pod. Scotsman doesn't have side vent.
    Thanks inadvance,
    Kim
    hudsonbaker@myexcel.com

I have a couple of sets of 58 front fenders for Studebakers and Packards. I will have to go out to the shed and see the difference. I know the Packard ones are molded differently in the front lower portion of the fender. Also they have additional holes for the bumper brackets and for the fiberglass front end side pieces. For the Studebakers....and I could be wrong but I thought the only differene was the single/dual headlights and the air vent opening toward the rear of the fender.

Comment

All '57 models have the fender vent. None of the '58 models have a vent, regardless of model.

Comment

Also need to know if there is a difference in the hood -Scotman to Commander/Presdident. Also the trim on the hood and fenders. Vendor tells us there is a difference,but not sure.
        Thanks for the help so far. Don't want to make a long trip to retieve and be disappointed.
        Kim

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
          None of the '58 models have a vent, regardless of model.
          That's what everyone says- but my '58 Scotsman wagon had them on both sides!!!
          The doors were wired closed. The car had NEVER been wrecked...

Originally posted by kamzack View Post
          Also need to know if there is a difference in the hood -Scotman to Commander/Presdident. Also the trim on the hood and fenders. Vendor tells us there is a difference,but not sure. Thanks for the help so far. Don't want to make a long trip to retieve and be disappointed. Kim
          The hood IS different from Scotsman to the others.
          Same with the trim on the hood and fenders.

The Scotsman hood is like '57s- but does not have the bump in the center for the ornament. The Champion/Commander/President hood has a portion cut out on the sides for the headlight pods. The trim on the front of the hood has a different shape to it, and it's shorter. The trim on the fenders is different on the Champion/Commander/President because of the headlight pods.
          Last edited by StudeDave57; 10-07-2011, 11:01 AM. Reason: &%$@$ typos!!!!!!
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I've been seaching my photo files to find some pics that might explain what I said above- but I have not really got anything that'll help too much in the '58 Department.
            These are the best I can do for now~

'57 Provincial~

'58 Champion~

'58 Scotsman~

(yes- I know it's a bit 'non-stock')

Be sure to check your PMs, though...

StudeDave '57
            Last edited by StudeDave57; 10-07-2011, 11:14 AM. Reason: added pics
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Kim~
              I think there is a picture or two in this thread that'll help you see just how different the '58 fenders are ~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=auction

post # 43 shows it pretty clearly...

StudeDave '57
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

I just noticed the chrome bit on either side just above the rear bumper. That looks like it should have been the backup light housing and insert, and somebody cheapened out at the last minute. The upper insert on the fin, if that had been a red (amber for export) turn signal lens above the actual back up light, that would have out flanked Edsel and the other Ford products as the most 1958 taillight treatment possible.

Comment

Working...
                X