PDA

View Full Version : backup light switch mounting?

Mr Mike
06-08-2007, 06:56 AM
Where does the backup light switch mount on a '60 Hawk with 3-speed? Can't find a picture anywhere.
Thanks - Mr Mike

Mr Mike
06-14-2007, 07:26 AM
Thanks hotwheels
Mr Mike

kamzack
06-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Hey M M,
Your Hawk if equipped with BU lites, should have a switch on the engine compartment side of the firewall. Its a semi-circular box with an arm on it that clips on the first/reverse lever and will have 2 wires going to it, one hot and other going to lites and is grounded on the column. The factory harness has these wires tied in them, and I think one black and other white or white with black tracer. So, see if you have these are hanging from harness near column. If your Hawk doesn't have BU lites, they are around and the back end of the harness is wired for them as well. Hope this helps.
Kim

Mr Mike
06-14-2007, 03:20 PM
BU lights aren't installed. I wanted to add them. As close as I can tell, the switch mounts to the steering column somewhere near the shift linkage for a 3-speed. I can't find any mounting holes for the switch so I'll have to drill and tap them. Problem is, I don't know exactly where they go.
Mr Mike

kamzack
06-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Hey M M,
The switches should offered by some the Stude vendors. The switch has 2 male prongs coming from it. The switch has an arm that, as I mentioned clips to a hole in the first/ reverse arm on the column. Mayb e you could purchase a shop manual for your Hawk to see how it's connected. You may have to dril and tap holes in the column, but buy switch first.
I suggest Steve Cade @ 352-472-9369. They have several Hawks and parts. I'm still convinced the harness is equipped with the needed wireing. It's a simple set up and would be easy to install.
Again, hope this helps,
Kim