Mr. Richard Quinn's 1939 Studebaker Coupe-Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Richard Quinn's 1939 Studebaker Coupe-Express

I received my October 13 issue of Old Cars Weekly News & Marketplace today. It features a very nice article and photo of Mr. Richard Quinn's 1939 Studebaker Coupe-Express. A good story about the car and it's history and his friendship with the late Glen Reints who had once owned it.

I would imagine in another week or so it will be available on the publications website.

Thanks also Mr. Quinn for the outstanding window sticker you produced for my 1964 Avanti R2.

Mike
    Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
    Fort Worth, TX

Thanks Mike, that issue of OCW has not arrived here as yet, maybe tomorrow. Above a photo of the '39 at an AACA show in Oak Brook IL a few weeks ago. The first time I have had a car judged since 1983. It won a First. Nice weather that day, well attended with about 10 Studebakers in the mix.

Appreciate your comments on the Avanti sticker.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Beautiful is all I can say!!!
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Nice. Any significance to that specific license plate and/or number, Dick? BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Nice. Any significance to that specific license plate and/or number, Dick? BP
          Not really Bob. It is a "B" plate which in Illinois is reserved for commercial vehicles. Much more difficult to find in good shape than the passenger car version.
          Richard Quinn

Comment

Very nice. What year is that license plate?

Comment

Yes it's a great vehicle. It made a great cover for the May 2011 Turning Wheels. Unfortunately, I prefer to display that issue of Turning Wheels upside down.
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Blast it all!!...It is threads like this that have a good and bad effect on me. The good is that I really enjoy seeing these great vehicles. The bad is that I have to struggle with breaking one of the ten commandments...something about not coveting anything that is thy neighbors....now I am off to seek forgiveness.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                  Blast it all!!...It is threads like this that have a good and bad effect on me. The good is that I really enjoy seeing these great vehicles. The bad is that I have to struggle with breaking one of the ten commandments...something about not coveting anything that is thy neighbors....now I am off to seek forgiveness.
                  'Not a problem, John: You live in SC and Dick lives in suburban Chicago-land.

So he's not your neighbor; you can covet all you want. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                    'Not a problem, John: You live in SC and Dick lives in suburban Chicago-land.

So he's not your neighbor; you can covet all you want. BP
                    A mere technicality Bob. I consider all my Studebaker family as neighbors. Even you!
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Pics do that one no justice whatsoever. Amazing to behold and the story behind it is as enjoyable as the truck itself.
                      http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

John: Ego te absolvo!!!!!
                        1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow, nice ??? car,, truck??? Anyway very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by johnod View Post
                            Wow, nice ??? car,, truck??? Anyway very nice.
                            The Studebaker Coupe Express: Passenger car styling and amenities with commercial car capacity.....20 years before the Ranchero and El Camino. Production 1937: 3500 (incl an undetermined number of woodie wagons) 1938: 1000 1939: 1200.

Richard Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by FlatheadGeo View Post
                              John: Ego te absolvo!!!!!
                              Thanks neighbor! I have a hunch that that phrase falls off your lips with a crisper and understandable sound than it would from me as a Southern Baptist with a very distinct drawl. (and yet richard posts another view of the truck requiring me to repeat the process...shesh!)
                              John Clary
                              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                              X