62 gt hawk production numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 gt hawk production numbers

Among all you knowledgeable studebaker aficionados can anyone let me know the number of 62 GT Hawks produced with 4bbrl 289, 4 speed and TT diff'. Please don't go to too much trouble, just curious as to how many might still survive. I've heard a rule of thumb that after 50 years there may only be 10% surviving.........................

No, Phil; no one knows that for sure because that research has not been done.

It would require going through the Production Orders for all 1962 Studebaker V8 automobiles produced, one by one. That's probably on the order of some 40,000 individual Production Orders. Each of those slips of paper would have to be examined and the data recorded.

Such efforts have been done (I participated) to find 1962 Indianapolis 500 Pace Cars and 1957 Golden Hawk 400s, but it is a tedious task involving days of work at the archives by several people at the same time if you're going to get it done in less than a full week of 8-hour days. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks Bob, That sounds like a lot of work!! It could be a worthwhile project for someone to digitise the records, they could then sell reports similar to MARTI reports for rustangs. Just a thought.

Happy trails..........

Comment

Why couldn't a group of Notra Dame computer majors take on the task for course credit?
        Peter Bishop

Comment

Turning Wheels April 1987. Fred Fox article.

Denny L

Comment

Originally posted by Green53 View Post
            Turning Wheels April 1987. Fred Fox article.

Denny L

Thanks Denny, is there some info in that issue of TW? If so where could I get a copy....
            Cheers, Phil

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              No, Phil; no one knows that for sure because that research has not been done.

It would require going through the Production Orders for all 1962 Studebaker V8 automobiles produced, one by one. That's probably on the order of some 40,000 individual Production Orders. Each of those slips of paper would have to be examined and the data recorded.

Such efforts have been done (I participated) to find 1962 Indianapolis 500 Pace Cars and 1957 Golden Hawk 400s, but it is a tedious task involving days of work at the archives by several people at the same time if you're going to get it done in less than a full week of 8-hour days. BP

Comment

7842 Domestic
                546 Canadian
                947 Export

9335 Total

Where do you live?

Comment

Research was undertaken to compile that Avanti booklet. Did that cost money or was it free as the museum wanted the information?
                  John Clements
                  Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by Green53 View Post
                    7842 Domestic
                    546 Canadian
                    947 Export

9335 Total

Where do you live?
                    G'day Denny, I'm sunny Victoria Australia. It would be a bit of a trip for me to get to the Museum in South bend!!

Cheers, phil.

Comment

I guess it would not work to drive over and see my copy. Someone over there should have one for you to read.

Denny L

Comment

Working...
                      X