Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Station wagon side glass rubber supplier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Station wagon side glass rubber supplier?

While I am getting post happy I am wondering if anyone has a source for replacement rubber gaskets fot the fixed side glass on our wagons. (see picture) I need new rubber! Help!!
    Attached Files

I need the same for a '57 Provincial. At least one glass is cracked and will need to be replaced.

Comment

I need the gasket for a 56 wagon fixed window.

Comment

I don't think I've ever heard of a solution (source) for these. Hopefully somebody knows- I'd take some for a Wagonaire also.

Matt- Yours might be reusable. Don't forget, this isn't a WC or desert car, and she's lived inside for almost 30 years. The seats and such are supple, not burned to a crisp like the "desired" WC cars. Chances are the rubber is still flexible. I'll check it.

I also think I've got a quarter window to replace the cracked one.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I placed an order for both sides with SASCO before they closed (both part numbers were still listed as available at the time). Unfortunately, I was only able to get one side. The situation is probably worse now, but you could still try Studebaker International.
          Scott Rodgers
          Los Angeles
          SDC Member since 1989
          \'60 Lark HT
          \'63 Wagonaire
          \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post

Matt- Yours might be reusable. Don't forget, this isn't a WC or desert car, and she's lived inside for almost 30 years. The seats and such are supple, not burned to a crisp like the "desired" WC cars. Chances are the rubber is still flexible. I'll check it.

I also think I've got a quarter window to replace the cracked one.

Well. That's just cool! I'm getting excited to get this car here.

Comment

So AKA, you and your Wagonaire are kind of hung out to dry, SOL. At least for now, maybe someday!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Man I hope so! SOL =Story Ofmy Life LOL

Comment

I guess Studebaker International doesn't supply these then? I know they have a billion rubber parts.

Comment

You could try Steele. I doubt they have a listing for it, but their online catalog shows profiles of the rubber. You might find something that would fit.
                    Chip
                    '63 Cruiser
                    '57 Packard wagon
                    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Just sent off an info request to the Steele gang after reading this.
                      We'll see what kind of response they give (which has always been superb for me)...
                      One can also cut off an inch of old rubber and send it to Steele so they can compare it to their catalog offering(s).
                      Surely they have something that will work....
                      HTIH
                      Jeff

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
                      You could try Steele. I doubt they have a listing for it, but their online catalog shows profiles of the rubber. You might find something that would fit.
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Rich when you find a supply let me know as I have a 63 that will also need them.
                        Tom
                        sigpic

Comment

Check with Restoration Specialties from Windber Pa. they have a lots of rubber window gaskets and check their online catalog. Possibly something they have on stock will work. jimmijim
                          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Try a Glass shop, they may have a catalog with some universal weather-strip

Jim
                            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                            their Memorials!

Comment

I thought S.I. had them but to get em you have to order the entire weatherstrip kit?

Comment

Working...
                              X