X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2 Avanti FS, reasonable

...if the underside checks out:

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I like the lightweight fiberglass body part.
    Klif
    55 Speedster/Street Machine
    63 Avanti R2
    64 Convertible R1

Comment

I'm not a fan of those door mounted speakers, but it looks nice otherwise.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I agree...the speakers look crappy in that location. It's aways a PITA to undo what others have done so it can be done right.
        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I was just looking at that car and thinking the same.

This Studebaker thing is a sickness, ya know.

"I will NOT buy another Studebaker until I'm finished with the one I'm working on. I will not buy another. . ."
          Dave Nevin
          Corvallis, OR
          1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
          Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

I have been drooling over that one as well. The price makes me wonder..... Oh will, I don't have the space or money, no matter what the price.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Nice Avanti. But, the interior doesn't seem factory correct to me. Seems too early to have the red interior with the solid color door panels and red dash. Not positive though.

Comment

It looks like you could repair the door panels with carpeting only. It looks like the speaker grille is over the stainless strip.

I actually don't mind the wheels!
                Last edited by bige; 09-30-2011, 05:35 PM.

Comment

I thought so. The Q&A at the bottom of the ebay ad describes the original color combination. It wasn't black and red originality.

Comment

Still, other than the speakers, they did a nice job when they screwed it all up. Anybody who gets this under 15K is IMO doing very well. If, as The Andrews says, the underside checks out. I'm always in favor of checking out that underside. Nobody wants a long-term relationship with a hog trough.

Comment

I did try e-mailing the guy (asking about the frame and hog troughs) but I've had no reply. I'll try again later.

Comment

Originally posted by comatus View Post
                        If, as The Andrews says, the underside checks out. I'm always in favor of checking out that underside. Nobody wants a long-term relationship with a hog trough.
                        Wow, what a week. First I get defined as another 'Sonny', now I get my own 'The'! Of course, everybody knows from Donald Trump that when you reach a high level of greatness you get your 'The'. Rarified air up here.

Thanks to all those who helped me achieve this level. Of course, there will only be one "Sonny" here; so I think it appropriate that I hereforth be called 'The Sonny'. Nice combination of both titles given me this week. Thanks to all my admirers.

Maybe a good award would be this Avanti. Kind of like a Nobel Peace Prize for decent people that love Studes. Don't forget to check her undercarriage before you pay.
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                          Well, the seller did get back with words but no pics. Ebay sent both replies to me this morning around 8:45 PST. Timely, don't ya think?!

Here is the reply to my second request;

Dear thespokejr,

I'm answering this again because it appears that when I respond directly to an inquiry by email (instead of through eBay), it leaves the question unanswered on eBay. I recently had 2 different bidders come out and both checked out the hog troughs and frame rails and said they're fine.

- urrgel01

To: urrgel01
                          Subject: Vehicle condition: thespokejr sent a message about Studebaker #170704223753
                          Sent Date: Oct-02-11 17:45:17 PDT

Dear urrgel01,

I really like your "Hoosier Hot-rod", looks as if it's a great driver and looks nice too. What condition are the frame rails (especially over the rear axle) and the torque boxes a.k.a. "hog troughs"? These are the sheet metal boxes between the frame rails and the outer rocker panels, between the wheels on each side. Looking forward to your reply, Ken

- thespokejr

Comment

Working...
                          X