OUCH- gutting a 63K mile GT, running gear FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUCH- gutting a 63K mile GT, running gear FS

Completely the owner's prerogative of course, but it makes my heart ache to see this car cut up. I'm posting it in case somebody wants a good running gear at a reasonable price:

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Bob: that drivetrain may be of interest to you since you are rather close by.............
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Did he say he is reposting and selling the whole car? Only one photo, but that one looks ok.

Comment

Originally posted by billmdonn View Post
        Did he say he is reposting and selling the whole car?
        No, he said that was from the listing where he bought the car.

1962- That's about 5 hours from me. Not too bad, but I currently have no use for it. Wish I did.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          Completely the owner's prerogative of course, but it makes my heart ache to see this car cut up. I'm posting it in case somebody wants a good running gear at a reasonable price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-...item1e674c27eb
          Yeah, that makes me sad that they are replacing a running Stude 289 in a '63 Hawk with something else. Part of what makes the Studebaker Hawk special is the Stude V8. On the bright side, at least they are offering the engine for sale and not turning it into scrap metal.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I just asked him if he'd sell the tach. It is the same I need for the superlark correct?
            John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Originally posted by 289stude View Post
              I just asked him if he'd sell the tach. It is the same I need for the superlark correct?
              No, not very close in appearance.
              JDP Maryland

Comment

I try not to second-guess what people do with their own property, but a one-owner, California GT Hawk? I don't think I'd turn that into a rod.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                  No, he said that was from the listing where he bought the car.

1962- That's about 5 hours from me. Not too bad, but I currently have no use for it. Wish I did.
                  He is only two counties from me (the car is one state away). I have no interest or current use for the drivetrain. I would be interested in the car if he wants to sell it before attacking it.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                  X