I need a '57 sedan/wagon grille.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a '57 sedan/wagon grille.

The grille in the new wagon is missing a few horizontal bars, and I need a replacement. A friend gave me one and Jeff Rice brought it to me via the Studebaker Express, but it turned out to be for a '56.

I need one for a '57. No problem buying it outright, or I can trade this nice '56 grille.

Matt,I just looked. The two bars missing from the grille are in the car. They're held on by tiny tabs. It looks like they came loose once the bottom of the grille was unbolted from the filler. One has a bend. Maybe you can find someone that can straighten it

BTW- texted and e-mailed a couple pictures. Let me know if you get them.
    Last edited by Bob Andrews; 09-28-2011, 10:26 AM.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

MB What do you want for the 56 grille?

Comment

Thanks Bob, that solves that.

There must be someone in the Atlanta area that can straighten stainless. I'll do some searching.

Carl, I'll send you a private message.

Comment

Bummer you don't need a '58 Commander- I've got one of those (NOS?) in the box!!!

When I return home tomorrow~ I'll take a look at what '57s I may have. I doubt that I have more then one NOS grille left, but I do have two or more good used ones- and pieces of another one or two that might have what you need- if you need pieces or a spare to fix up.

I've got a few other parts requests I need to get to as well- give me a week or so, eh.
          I hope the weather holds out for me- I need it to NOT be raining up there...
          Last edited by StudeDave57; 09-28-2011, 10:58 AM. Reason: %$#&@* typos
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Dave, where were you when I needed a grille for the '58 Commander? I was able to find one guy that had one NOS one left, but it was a President grille. I bought and installed it anyway.

Whenever the car gets here, I know there'll be a bunch of parts needed. Go ahead and start looking for extras...

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              Dave, where were you when I needed a grille for the '58 Commander? I was able to find one guy that had one NOS one left, but it was a President grille. I bought and installed it anyway. Whenever the car gets here, I know there'll be a bunch of parts needed. Go ahead and start looking for extras...
              I do not know where I was- the more important question would be where the grille was!!! Remember- I was pretty well spread out up until about two years ago- I had stuff stored in about five places in two different States. All of my parts are (mostly) under one roof now... I've found things I forgot I had- sometimes more then one of them at a time!!! And let's not forget the parts cars out back~

The '55 Commander, the '57 Commander, and the '57 Packard are mine for the parting...

StudeDave '57
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

It's too bad the grille assembly is missing out of that '57 Packard. I love those front ends.

Comment

It's too bad the grille assembly is missing out of that '57 Packard. I love those front ends.

Matthew, I bought one from SASCO not long before the sale to S.I. It was nos in the box. They should still have some available.

Comment

get outta my head!!!!

I hear ya Matt- I think to really make it 'work' you'd basically need the entire front clip.
                    That's the reason I have it, and the reason I would like to add Dylan's to the mix...

Too many opportunities- all happening at once!!!

StudeDave '57
                    StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

I was in grille land today and pretty sure there is one NOS stainless 57 grille we could get rid of-- I can box it up and check on shipping if it is still needed.

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
                        I was in grille land today and pretty sure there is one NOS stainless 57 grille we could get rid of-- I can box it up and check on shipping if it is still needed.
                        While it looks like mine may be fixable, I would love an NOS one. Let me know how much.

Comment

would you happen to have a hood for a 57 4 door commander or a drivers side fender?

Comment

Originally posted by abjames28 View Post
                            would you happen to have a hood for a 57 4 door commander or a drivers side fender?
                            Yup- but as you can see- they're still attached to the car. I have not decided how much of that car's sheet metal I'll be keeping, but it's front fenders might be fair game. I might need to keep the hood. I had planned to part out the '55 first- maybe I need to re-think that...

OH, BTW~ where are you?

StudeDave '57
                            StudeDave '57
                            US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC