A bundle of joy arrived yesterday!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bundle of joy arrived yesterday!!!

October issue of our fine TURNING WHEELS TW ever IMHO. When you get yours, I think you will agree!!! I also thought the article on page 4 was very insightful. Any comments, opinions, etc. about it???

Got mine last week. I didn't mention it because people get upset if somebody got their issue sooner than they did.

Yes, it's a good issue.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Yes Bob, but you may have an inside track ?
      Klif
      55 Speedster/Street Machine
      63 Avanti R2
      64 Convertible R1

Comment

Originally posted by klifton1 View Post
        Yes Bob, but you may have an inside track ?
        Klif
        I do, it's because I'm more awesomer that the rest of you. I just didn't want you all to feel bad.

Feel free to bask in my impressivability.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          Got mine last week. I didn't mention it because people get upset if somebody got their issue sooner than they did.>>>
          The all-time leader of SDC Forum postings with 16,420 missing an opportunity to add one more?!?! What happened? ...Mamma take your keyboard away???

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
            The all-time leader of SDC Forum postings with 16,420 missing an opportunity to add one more?!?! What happened? ...Mamma take your keyboard away???
            Nope, still got my keyboard. IPhone, actually. You missed the reason- it's in post #2.

Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

The meet issue is never my favorite because of the missing regular features, especially the Co-Operator.
              Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
              50 Champion 2 door*
              53 Commander K Auto*
              53 Commander K overdrive*
              55 President Speedster
              62 GT 4Speed*
              63 Avanti R1*
              64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Nope, still got my keyboard. IPhone, actually.
                That's good to hear!!!

You missed the reason- it's in post #2.
                Bob, be assured your reason in Post #2 has been duly noted. Now have you figured out my reasons for starting this thread ...and no, it was not about who got their fine TURNING WHEELS first.

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
                  The meet issue is never my favorite because of the missing regular features, especially the Co-Operator.
                  'Atta' boy, Don; keep it up! <GGG>

(Thanks.) BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yes, it's a good issue.
                    Good dosen't do it justice, it's a great issue! I've been looking forward to the Intl. meet issue since I got home from Springfield. I was looking forward to all the car photos because I was so busy having fun I didn't get a photo of all the cars! I also knew about Matt's "Cupcake" article and was looking forward to reading it......

The rediculious photo of me sitting next to Ed Reynolds in a Studebaker factory uniform is icing on the cake though...
                    Chris Dresbach

Comment

I thought a lot more cars showed up to be judged. Did they leave out some pics of the cars? Also was surprised not to see an overhead shot of the parking lot full of cars. I thought this was tradition. Otherwise a very good issue.

Comment

There is not a better monthly car club magazine ! I really enjoy all the color photos, one thing that I look forward to is the cover photo which of late can be any view/angle of our Studebakers. For one month a year I can miss all the regular features for pictures of all the cars attending the meet. I really like that two tone green car..... Ellenore appreciates all the exposure.
                        It is an addiction!

Comment

So, what was the important document on the reverse side of the address sheet? I never look at the backside of an address, usually just an alley and dumpsters there. Mine's been in the trash for 4 days now.

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
                            So, what was the important document on the reverse side of the address sheet? I never look at the backside of an address, usually just an alley and dumpsters there. Mine's been in the trash for 4 days now.
                            Don't feel alone, Bob! I threw my TW "address sheet" away too!!! I wasn't until the wife emptied the trash and asked me if I really intended to throw "THIS" away did I discover what was printed on the back side.

Away, don't worry about it Bob, it was only about who would be running our
                            STUDEBAKER DRIVERS CLUB from 2012 to 2014 ...that's all!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                              Good dosen't do it justice, it's a great issue! I've been looking forward to the Intl. meet issue since I got home from Springfield. I was looking forward to all the car photos because I was so busy having fun I didn't get a photo of all the cars! I also knew about Matt's "Cupcake" article and was looking forward to reading it......
                              As you know Chris, there's quite a back story as to how Cupcake the Hawk got its name.. But I don't think Art and Ann would print that.

Comment

Working...
                              X