Don Simmons You make Me A hero:-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Simmons You make Me A hero:-)

Well I have to mention that the entire SS exhaust and loud mufflers I purchased from Don have made me a hero of sorts.

At many shows I have been asked what kind of engine I have, my R-1 sounds like a big block at idle and I love the burping sound at the tail pipes!

At speed of 60 plus the car sounds absolutely amazing........some Harley guys were on the expressway yesterday and followed me to the off exit and later told me they loved the sound of the car..........even with the sound of their bikes!

So yes I am glad I ordered the loud mufflers, and the wife who wanted the sound of a Caddy.......well maybe in the next life.

Don you B Da Man:-)

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
    Well I have to mention that the entire SS exhaust and loud mufflers I purchased from Don have made me a hero of sorts.

At many shows I have been asked what kind of engine I have, my R-1 sounds like a big block at idle and I love the burping sound at the tail pipes!

At speed of 60 plus the car sounds absolutely amazing........some Harley guys were on the expressway yesterday and followed me to the off exit and later told me they loved the sound of the car..........even with the sound of their bikes!

So yes I am glad I ordered the loud mufflers, and the wife who wanted the sound of a Caddy.......well maybe in the next life.

Don you B Da Man:-)
    Don don't do internet but I hope someone tells him, as yours are my sentiments exactly.

Bob

Comment

I went with Don's quiet mufflers. My neighbors don't think so but, the sound is behind me so...
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Sam - saw your post and phoned Don. I had a question about my M5's exhaust anyway, so the opportunity was perfect.

He was quite "tickled" with your experiences. Thanks for your appreciative thoughts of Don. I, too have those sentiments.

When our son was a teenager, and was asked that old hypothetical question "If you were involved in a 'plane crash and were marooned on an island with another survivor, who would you chose to be marooned with?", his answer was Don Simmons. 'Nuff said!
        Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
        61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
        Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
        Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Hawklover. do you have the crossover pipe?

Comment

No Xover pipe........exhaust manifold all the way back.......on each side...........ah, the sweet sounds of 'LOUD"!
            Originally posted by jallen View Post
            Hawklover. do you have the crossover pipe?

Comment

I have Don's quiet muffler combo and it still sounds great. Have to order the "other side" in case I choose to upgrade to duals in the future. Nice guy to deal with.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
              X