trip east is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trip east is over.

Well my trip to Minnesota, Joliet, Troy, Mi. Stanton Mi. back to Joliet, and over to Kansas City to pick up the 52 champion and home again is over only drove about 6,000 miles on this trip, every thing went like clock work truck and trailer made the trip with out much problems just had tire problems twice on the trailer, parts delivered to Minnesota went off nice and met Brian and Brent when they came and got their parts, also did get a little time to talk with them always nice when you can, in Joliet met John when he picked up his 63 full package R-2 super lark and head for Pa. John and I both got a chance to see the Joliet Studebakers set up, it is something every Studebakers person should take time to see if in the area, Bob is really a super nice guy and loves Studebakers and 36,000 feet of building is old time 1900's building , a perfect set up for the type of business Bob has there , a must see. the races were well worth the long drive and our Studes held there own as always, there will be more coverage on this by other I'am sure maybe even some pictures, the weather was good then it should have been since I brought it with me from California, this is the 2nd time I have done this the next time I will charge to bring it along, as I have set in the past this is some thing Studebaker people should try and make at least once , the members that go are the greatest and put out a lot to do this each year and I hope Ted can keep it going for as long as he wants, he is one super guy in every way, even my 2 dogs went to the races and loved it, there was a lot of members from Canada there and that is good to see they are strong Studebaker people thanks for making the trip guys, Dave with you driving the 55 showed what kind of Studebaker person you are, thanks for doing that I enjoyed looking at it a fine car to say the least, after the races it was down to Joliet to get the trailer and off to Kansas City to pick up the 52 champion Starlite coupe for it trip to Australia, the trip home went flawless Dodge truck with the Hemi can haul most any thing I need to haul on my car trailer lots of power for the hill when passing trucks....till later all for now hope to see some pictures here on the forum...Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Enjoyed reading your post Bob. I consider you one of the Super Hero's of our Studebaker family. I won't take issue with your claim to have taken a trip "east," since just everything is east of you. Not only did it seem that you had a great trip, but best of all, you arrived back home intact. That is always the greatest! I hope to meet you in person some day.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Bob,

Glad to see you are home safe and sound, really enjoyed reading your travelog.

Pat
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Really nice to meet you in Stanton, Bob and glad to hear you made is back home safely.

Allen
        1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
        PSMCDR 2013
        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Pictures of the 52?
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Happy to hear you had a good trip. It was nice to finally meet you and hope to see you again. Incidentally, I saw Brian today at the Hudson Wisconsin Studebaker swap meet. It was a very good day.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Those sure were cute dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                Hudson Wisconsin Studebaker swap meet. It was a very good day.
                What ! ? . . No Pics ?

Comment

No pictures from me as I did not take my camera, but will post the pictures of the 52 since it is in my shop right now. Art took lots of pictures.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Working...
                  X